happy easter thoughts....

Old 04-10-2004, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile happy easter thoughts....

as we work together in this fellowship called alanon... it is so easy to become stuck in the negativeness of our feelings or situation. just for the moment... i would like to ask everyones favorite easter memories. a ray of sunshine each of us kindles inside as we journey.

my easter memory is when i was a little girl, my sister was a very very picky person. and oh could she make a chocolate easter bunny last a long time! she would start nibbling on the ears... just the teeny tinyest sliver of chocolate.. and make it last for months. drove me crazy... i would be biting and gobbling mine.. and she would pace herself.

now we are both much older. but i remember that and it makes me smile.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rolling over in bed and feeling something snuffling next to my ear. (oh.. c'mon... I was eight! ) It was a bunny nose and my mom was holding her up to my head laughing. "Look what the Easter Bunny left!"
Old 04-10-2004, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sooooooo cute

i remember taking my oldest on her first egg hunt and how scared she was and how i ended up feeling so territorial amongst this group of other two year olds that they were taking HER eggs..... only to look up and see all the other territorial moms glaring around, too. How we all looked..... it was my first "mother bear" moment. And then she kicked in, realized it was candy in the eggs, and just started going to town! And feeling so proud and amused and loving life. and then......... as we were all visiting afterward and watching the kids play, having another mom (the one who is always perfectly coifed, prepared for all calamaties.... yeah, you know the one) points out these tiny red marks all over my daughter's neck....you guessed it, chicken pox! I had infected every little friend there! Overthe next few weeks I was like the social pariah! LOL. But honestly, it was such a funny day and brought out so much in me how I could really do the whole parenting thing even having had such poor parents! It was encouraging and I know it was the moment that started this "journey" to stepping out of my family of origin problems and pain. Long story..... sorry.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Every year we would go to my Grandma's house for Easter lunch. From the time I was tall enough to see the top of the table, I was always in charge of setting the table with the good china and silver.

Grandma would always hide plastic eggs around the house and yard with $1 in each one. She would write each kid's name on one egg so no one else could take your egg. It fun to search for your own personal egg and know that no one else was going to snatch it up first - you could kind of take your time. Kind of like us now.

Happy Easter !
L