First happy day in a long, long time....

Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
:-(

First happy day in a long, long time....

Well my aunty has said she will lend me some money to get a flight home, I feel like a small weight has been lifted off my shoulders, now to sort out, How I am going to tell my A mother, how do I deal with the guilt trips she will give me? etc etc.
I dunno, but I do know I will be home soon. I am literally shaking and crying, I am so happy right now. Mother is going on a first date with one of her random men in a couple of days, and staying the night with him. I am disgusted, the way she brought me up, that's not the way to get respect!! She has changed so much, her morals and self respect have gone down the drain.
I can't wait to see my family and true friends again, I need the biggest cuddles, and I don't do cuddles anymore!!! Possibly because I feel I have no one that loves and cares for me, and I don't want sympathy, my dad gave me the first hug in years, a couple of weeks ago, and it felt so nice.
I really don't want to leave him here but I know he will be OK and he understands that I need to go home.
I reckon he may even join me as it is his home country as well. It will be good for him if I do go, as then the mother will not be ringing him whingeing about me and telling him what to do with his life, then being so two faced and bitching about him to people here in the pub, I have heard it with my own ears, She has no loyalty to anyone or anything except her manipulative alcoholic best friend and cider. Not even her animals or only child!!!! Dad will not have to come up every other weekend and end up involved in an argument, I will not dread answering the phone to him in fear of what story she has made up in her head about me now. I can finally get on with my father without her interfering.
So I guess I am outta here, thank god. Finally I can make my life what I want to, as only I can do it.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know your story but I wish you all the very best.
Its good to have something to look forward to - enjoy being at home with your family and friends
Old 10-30-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
:-(

It's a long and depressing story, but the end is in sight.
I hope everyone can feel what I am feeling right now, it's amazing. But I couldn't have done it without the awesome help from people on here, I want to thank everyone who helped and was straight up, blunt, made me open my own eyes and realize what I have to do for myself. That I cannot help my A mother any more than what I have. It has only been a couple of weeks but I feel like I have got so far in such a short time.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Congratulations! Keep posting updates, and remember that Al-Anon is always there. All the best to you.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you, it sounds like a much needed move.

Yay!