Notices

Made it to Day 8 and feeling good!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it to Day 8 and feeling good!

I think I'm ready to start working out again. I let myself have the last week off while I went through withdrawls. That was so rough and I just looked so worn out and horrible. I'm finally feeling myself again which is amazing. I work on Saturday's as a bartender and I know this is going to have to change but for the moment I can't quit as I need the money. It's not an option right now because I, as well, wasn't financially responsible while actively drinking so I have some catching up to do. BUT I made it and no one even noticed or cared that I wasn't drinking. Waking up the next day tired but not hungover was amazing.

My friends went out on Friday and Saturday for one of my best friends birthdays. I hung out with them at her apartment on Friday before they went out. They all had cocktails and I had water which didn't bother me and headed off around 9:30pm to go home and get to bed early. It felt fine.

I am not trying to have new habits fit into my old life, however, I can't avoid everything. I got so much accomplished on Saturday and am so much more accountable for my actions. It feels good to be active in my life again instead of just wasting away drinking constantly and avoiding everything.

Anyway just wanted to share in my happiness that I made it and am really happy in my choice. It's not easy but it's right and I can feel it..
Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you