Notices

A Lesson to me

Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Lesson to me

I learnt a big lesson today. Over the past 20 weeks I drank on only one day (6weeks in) until this Friday , where I had to have a business meeting in a pub and I gave in to a pint. This led to a further 3 and a bottle of red later that night. Over the weekend I consumed a further 3 bottles of red and frequented the local pubs which I had been avoiding. I quickly realised that I hadn't missed a thing at the pubs, same old ,same old, people and stories which I know I was part of.
Over the past 20 weeks I have lost 2 stone and am saving in booze and costs associate with boozing, ie taxis, fruit machine etc about £300 a week ( this is staggering to me , but true )
But the lesson I learnt was that I had forgotten about the panic attacks , I had one this morning, the alcohol turns mole hills into mountains . We all have problems and over the past months I had in my mind got them under control with workable solutions, but this morning I couldn't see the solutions and everything seemed too much, until I realised the cause Drinking. I won't be having anymore. I had forgotten how good I was feeling without it.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

For whatever reason, it's a lesson some of us need to learn multiple times Dexter - but it sounds like this one might could have been your last

welcome back

D
Old 10-29-2012, 02:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Dexter,

Nothing changes, same places, same people, same depressing avoidance of reality. It's why wetherspoons are open from 7am. The drunks need somewhere to go. At least you have gotten something out of this experience. I hope it encourages you to look or do things in a different way.

Natom.