Notices

How to deal with an drug addict boyfriend??

Old 10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation How to deal with an drug addict boyfriend??

Where do I even begin??
I recently found out my boyfriend has been using herion. It first started off wit painkillers and soon when that high wasnt enough he began snorting herion than leading to injecting it. I've never been the one to do drugs nor will i ever. He recently went into rehab for 3 weeks and was allowed back home. He relapsed the same day he got out. He wouldn't admit it to me but finally did later on. He say's he is done but i really dont' believe that is true. If he didn't want to use again, he wouldn't have as soon as he got out. I've done everything i can to support him and stick by his side but this is taking over my life. I love him to death and want him to be clean and healthy. I don't know what to do anymore to help him.

Am i doing something wrong???
UGHHH! I need advice asap!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YOU aren't doing anything wrong. You didn't cause this, you can't control this, you can't cure this.

I assume a mod will move this to the Friends & Family of Substance Abusers forums but I suggest looking there.

This is particularly great post. Please read it.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ddicts-do.html

You can't do anything to make your boyfriend not use. And heroin is a hell of a drug that is EXTREMELY difficult to quit. Using the same day he gets out NOT a good sign

And yes I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that he is still using now and he is lying to you more then he is telling the truth.

How long have you been with this guy? How invested are you?

Because my suggestion is walk away now. You will save yourself a lot of suffering, heartache, pain an worry.

Addicts are liars, manipulates, cheaters, can't hold down a job very long & eventually their lives always fall apart. And Heroin is the kind of drugs in my opinion.

You can't fix this for him, he has to fix it for himself.

You need to focus on you. What do YOU want. I suggest you look into Al Anon. Welcome to SR, keep reading and keep posting!