Notices

Mother of 2 sml kids with codeine depend. h

Old 10-28-2012, 03:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mother of 2 sml kids with codeine depend. h

I am a mother of 2 under 5 and married to a codeine dependent husband. He entered rehab when i threatened divorce 9 months before our second baby - and what do you know, he went to rehab and it didn't work. I guess I learnt the hard way that no matter what threats you make, the addicted need to do it on their own accord.

I've just found by accident pain killer packets behind books on our book shelf.

I told him to stop buying multivitamins as they were a waste of money. He said 'ok'. I asked if he had anything he needed to tell me - he said no. I said, "you promised me you would never, ever lie to me again" - he still didn't want to admit it. I had to tell him he had been caught out and he apologised. I told him i'm sick of hearing the word 'sorry' come out of his mouth.

I'm at the end of my tether. I have depression and my son has only just had an operation on friday.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Exhausted. I think if you visit the friends and family forum on this site you may get more responces. It's difficult when you're with someone who's not ready to stop or even admit a problem. I think at this point you will be best served by helping yourself.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Agreed. Your husband will need to decide to get help for himself. You also might want to check out NarAnon in your area for support for yourself.