Back to Old Self

Old 10-27-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to Old Self

!!Scream!! I knew it would happen. The mellow mood of my AS while in the hospital couldn't last. At first he was scared and somewhat quiet. He actually seemed to enjoy the relationships and peace of the hospital.

This week something happened. I think we all know what - just not how. He has another nine days to go in the hospital for his 6 week round of antibiotics. His demeanor this week has been horrible. He has been edgy, threatening to leave, stressed and angry. He had told me he was tapering down on the pain meds and asked to not use the pain patch any longer.

Maybe this is partly the reason for his change in behavior. Nothing I do is right. It's never enough, and if I mention it, he says just come get him and take him home and he won't "put me out" any longer.

He did get a good report on the infection in the bloodstream. The primary doctor would never write referrals, so all of the echo-grams scheduled were cancelled. The heart dr. hasn't been back and son says he isn't having the surgery regardless - would rather feel good a little while than have surgery and not recover fully. That's his decision. At this point, it doesn't matter to me.

I so enjoyed the few short weeks of a son who was again loving and thoughtful. I don't like the son who is back. I went up today to take clean laundry and help with with the new tablet he has. He wouldn't wake up, though I didn't try very hard, because I didn't want to argue and have him trying to leave with me.

Since then, he has woken up, called me, angry, threatening to leave, cursing that I didn't wake him up and take him home. Makes my heart sad again. Seems like not much is going well right now. Such is the life of one attached and codependent to an addict.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry you are going through this. It must be very hard. Talk to friends and other family members about anything but what is going on right now. Try and take some time to just be with anything other than the though of what is going on with him. When I take a break from my co-dependent ways of just thinking about cooking food or a tv show that could make me laugh or even if I can take a nap then it's much easier to deal with what life has thrown at us. Take care and hope your day gets better. Hang in...
Old 10-27-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Washbe, that's just nasty and it doesn't matter "why" he has taken this turn, it's just nasty and he knows better.

Why don't you take a few days just for yourself, and Mr. Washbe, and let junior sassy mouth learn that there are consequences to being mean and rude.

Big hugs from my heart to yours, gonna hug the "sad" right out of it.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Washbe, That's it!! I am up for adoption and I don't eat a lot. I say please and thank you and I am house broken. (sometimes, I like to chew on a curtain or 2

I will put my new brother in his place, I promise!!

Please get some Washbe time or I am telling Ann. lol
Old 10-27-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Okay, Ann and LMN, you both made me laugh. I knew I came to the right place. It's so nice to always be able to come here to confess and vent. Ann, I like that "junior sassy mouth" ! Where do you come up with those things? And LMN, you sound so wonderful, but the chewing on curtain thing might be a bad influence on my granddog while I'm sitting!

Love you .
Old 10-27-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

but but but - did you see that Im housebroken though!

I don't dare chew on bunny slippers, I knew what those are used for. (shaking)
Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by washbe2 View Post
Ann, I like that "junior sassy mouth" ! Where do you come up with those things?
My son wrote the book on "sassy mouth", it seems your son has read it. I think you and I should get royalties for being part of their "research and testing".

Hope you and Mr. Washbe are having a peaceful, lovely Sunday. Turn the ringer off the phone...better yet, move and leave no forwarding address!

Love you, dear Washbe, you are such a good sport when I wave my bunny slippers of wrath.

Hugs
Old 10-28-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Washbe, I am glad you had some good weeks wit your son I am saddened by what your experiencing now please know that I do care.

Ann and LMN, you both have me rolling here I needed a good laugh ty
Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What would I do without you guys? Great afternoon. We are hosting out Bible study group for a cookout at hubby's hangar. Music, blue skies with white fluffy clouds...good friends in a dusty old hangar that is perfect. I put a lace tablecloth on the food table to "fancy up" the place.

I'm sending all of you a hamburger so you can join in virtually! Sure wish you were here in. reality.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Did I tell you I like left overs too? Hangar? Does this mean my new Poppa can fly all over the world to pick us all up? Woo hoo, party at Washbeeesssss!! And no "sassy mouths" allowed!!

I am so happy you are having a wonderful, blessed Sunday!! xox