Notices

Sober five months today

Old 10-27-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober five months today

Hello all. I am soner 5 months today. Was feeling good the past four weeks. Now it seems like I am in a rut again. That is ok though. I will stay strong. I didnt think about drugs the four weeks I was feeling good, but this week I am thinking about them a good it. Maybe because i quit eating junk food. Mi havent really gotten into a program for recovery just meditation, prayer, and exercise, and a counselor. I also talk to my dad who is in recovery. My counselor thinks if I dont start going to meetings i will relapse. Im sick of people telling me this. I may get rid of him. Anyways i hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there everyone it gets better.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats! 5 months is awesome!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's awesome Ttal

D
Old 10-27-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

counselor thinks if I dont start going to meetings i will relapse

I find that attitude offensive and negative and not a nice thing to say to you. My counselor is just fine with my SR program and my continuing sobriety.

Congrats on your five months!! Keep on keepin' on.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good on you for recognizing that the difficult times do pass and that you are committed to your recovery.
All the best
caiHong
Old 10-27-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on the five months Ttal!

Have you thought about going to meetings? Just kidding! Seriously though, what do you think might help you move forward past the funk you are in.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone or your support. Itchy I think the funk will eventually pass, but I would like to get deeper into smart. I do the online meetings and they kind of help, but I wish they had some meetings in Louisiana. I also need to come on here more when I get cravings and stuff. And I think I need to et a new counselor to aid me with my recovery. I hate to leave the one I have, but he makes me paranoid with the stuff he says about relapse.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

That's funny. I too was getting paranoid about relapsing. I'm almost at 10 months sober now and I can tell you, that does go away. I think it's just a matter of experience and living life sober, you eventually realize that it's just a fear. And my old life was full of fears. The new life still has fears, they just don't rule my life any longer. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Ttal914 View Post
Thanks everyone or your support. Itchy I think the funk will eventually pass, but I would like to get deeper into smart. I do the online meetings and they kind of help, but I wish they had some meetings in Louisiana. I also need to come on here more when I get cravings and stuff. And I think I need to et a new counselor to aid me with my recovery. I hate to leave the one I have, but he makes me paranoid with the stuff he says about relapse.
Sounds like a plan!
And then maybe you can apply to start a new meeting and get whatever they need to certify you? I did a lot of SMART reading but no meetings, so I don't know what it takes. I think now all you need to do is work YOUR plan.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Congrats on 5 months!! Good job!!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 5 months sober! It sounds like you have a good program for recovery.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I am five months sober from suboxone. Took it as prescribed and 20 months sober from oxycontin so am I 20 months sober or 5 months sober? Never felt a buzz on suboxone.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 months Ttal, well done!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I will stay strong.

Congrats on your 5 months

But remember recovery and staying stopped has nothing to do with willpower and strength.

Get into those daily practices of meditation and looking with -in. I personally make sure I do that plus go to meetings constantly ..

Keep up the good work, it just gets better and better.