Notices

Houses

Old 10-27-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Houses

Good morning all,
I'm off to show houses today. Realtors do work on the weekend if they want to make money. I'm not doing well on the no drinking thing. After Christmas I will go to rehab. In the mean time I'll clean up bills and pray for a better future. All of you on this site know what a horrible thing addiction is. I wish I was as strong as some of you. For me going away for a month is the only answer. Please keep me in your prayers. I need all the help I can get.
Stay safe everyone.
Diana
Old 10-27-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Diana)) - big hugs and prayers coming your way.

Amy
Old 10-27-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Diana.

You have all my support!

Take care and, please, do not think of yourself as a loser any more.

Keep us updated.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Big hugs to you, Diana. We all know how hard it is.

Personally, going to rehab was the best thing I've ever done for myself. I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to come home! I was glad that I did it because I had to come home to a lot of drama, an alcoholic husband, and having to start the process of a divorce. If I didn't have the tools to stay sober as well as the support of many, many sober friends, it would be REALLY hard for me to get through this time without drinking.

Look at rehab as a time/place to help you focus on YOU and to learn about yourself. It is a safe place to rediscover yourself without the distractions of life. That doesn't mean life will be all peachy when you get out, but if you allow the process to work and are open to what it teaches you, it WILL help you manage your life and all it's hassles without alcohol.

Best of luck to you.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers and hugs to you Diana, we are here for you! xx
Old 10-27-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Diana. You have our love and concern. We all understand what you're going through and how impossible it seems to let go. It definitely can be done. I drank all my life and now am headed towards 5 yrs. sober. Anyone can do it if I can. I had alcohol in my system 24/7 for years. You aren't a failure and you don't lack strength - you're an alcoholic.

Rehab sounds like a wonderful answer for you. Desertsong certainly benefited from it
greatly. I'm glad you're considering it. There is life after alcohol - you can do this, Diana.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Diana, good luck on your showings. You have a stressful job, I'm in the same field. Glad you are going to rehab to get some help-it will make your life a lot less chaotic if you stop drinking!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Diana, I am glad you are going to rehab. You have my support, prayers and virtual hugs until you go, while you are there and after. Hope you sell something today.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Diana, you have my support as well! Hang in there!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Glad to hear you have a plan..

Prayers sent to you till then..
Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I will be thinking of you. Best wishes. Please come back, or stop by for a visit!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I needed a jump-start too. I could not make it to noon without several drinks, and that only for days I had appointments. I could not even conceive of being able to break free. I was resigned to the fact that I was going to die from alcoholism and sooner than later. Then I found a 7 day in hospital detox that I qualified for as a vet, and the rest is history. I never looked back. I used SR and AA for the first three months, and then just here on SR, along with counseling and a lot of support from my family. I was 58 when I finally got free! That was September 21st, 2010. I was just like you unless you have detoxed yourself or got any more than a morning sober time. Then you have me beat! If so, then rehab may be what gets you started for life and freedom. Keep your eye on the goal.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Diana,

You probably won't believe this, but you are an inspiration to me. Your avatar is actually your picture. We can see who you are, and in the real estate business that's a huge risk.

Certainly you must have seen the film "American Beauty." If not, go out and rent it today.

"Keeping up the front" is taxing. I see your smiling face in your avatar, but I know from what you write that it's far from the case.

I'm sorting out the details with regards to gov't assistance, but am going to go to detox and rehab too. It scares me. I don't know any life other than life with alcohol. It's worked pretty good for decades, but my body is balking.

I can't really say that I've had worse tragedies in my life than anyone else. Basically I'm just like anyone else. I just got in over my head. No one every molested me or beat me. I've had encouragement every step of the way.

I'm trying to sort out if it's just tough economic times or do I actually have the rifle pointed directly at my foot. I think the former leads to the latter.

I know you're probably not supposed to say it here, but after all my attempts at securing employment which I am completely qualified for and hear no word back from, it's nice every couple of weeks to drink some beer and watch a film.