Notices

Day 5

Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Hi. I am home right now and I could not be happier. How on earth did this happen? I was looking forward to getting into my pajamas and not drinking and catching up on my shows and playing some online scrabble. There is so much pressure off me from not drinking. Yes, I can feel sad and I feel it twice as hard but I see all my mistakes and I don't want to re-make them. I will always struggle...especially after having one. When I don't drink, I don't crave it...it is really after having one. But I feel absolutely wonderful and I know I am probably in my honeymoon phase again but I have hope. I really do. Tomorrow is the first saturday in a long time where I have no plans and I'm not drinking during the day. I can't even remember how long ago that has happened to me. A day just for me. And not for me to hide and drink at home but for me to get out there and do things! The pressure of constantly worrying I was going to one beer and wine place too often and switching between them and worrying if I didn't have enough to drink at home was an exhausting way to live. I just hope I have quieted the "bad" girl inside. For a LONG time.

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome. I can't wait for my sober Saturday either.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

lenches - I felt that way, too. Relieved to be free of drinking. I don't understand why I convinced myself I needed it to live. I told myself life would be boring, nothing to look forward to - what a lie. Glad to see you so positive and happy about your decision.

Germanos - You will get there - we believe in you. Better days are coming.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds great lenches

D