Notices

weekend is here again

Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

weekend is here again

And im not real happy bout friday un happy hour.This is the worst day of the week for me.Always seems like Friday is the time to wind down and let loose.
Guess I need to get some things going on Friday evenings.Already went to a mtg. today.It is usually me n the hubbys night out which involves lots of drinks so..Gotta make a new plan.
Dont mean to be negative but dang this is hard!!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Dang it is hard!!! Changing your life takes a lot of effort but it is possible.

My sponsee goes to an evening meeting and a group of them goes out for dinner. My wife and I go out for dinner. She has her glass of wine (never understood that one) but we have a nice time. Movies, theater, exercise, calling friends, are non-alcohol events and are a lot of fun.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Friday was always the wild night for me too Pooky...but I decided I needed to go a different way.

It took a little effort, a lot of change, and some patience, but I don't feel the Friday pull anymore.

Stick with us and keep going forward - it is possible to change.

Can you think of something to do or somewhere to go that's not alcohol related for you and your husband on your night out?

D
Old 10-26-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im trying Dee Im trying!! Day 12
Old 10-26-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I so hate Friday really in a bad mood now, so going to bath and bed before I take the head of someone. night.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Yep, to Friday nights being especially hard. (for some reason Mondays and Fridays are the biggest trigger days for me)

I had to come STRAIGHT HOME, choose a road that didn't have a store on it, and eat right away. Once I eat, the craving diminishes almost to nil.

Anyway, just wanted to send you strength.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Pooky. Fridays bothered me a lot in the beginning, but I eventually got past that. I finally realized those drinks would probably lead me to a dangerous place.

It's understandable that you feel this way. That's why SR is so helpful - you can talk about it here - and we all get you. It'll feel better as you go along, Pooky.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. Friday nights were always the start of my weekend binge..eventhough i drank everyday there was something about friday night after the long week at work. I always stopped at the liquor store on my way home to get a bottle if I didnt already have one chilling in the freezer at home..so tonight I have planned to meet up with some non drinking friends to get our nails done, some window shopping at the mall and dinner. Gotta keep myself busy particularly on friday nights and saturdays so that i dont fall back into old habits.