Notices

tired...

Old 10-25-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tired...

today is not a good day... been on an alcohol binge, feeling guilty, hopeless, a looser... no job, no child, no love, 43 year old pathetic me
been fighting addiction all my life with highs and lows, slowly but surely destroying myself!

tried all sorts of treatments, nothing works... can stop for days, weeks, months... but always falling back...

feeling especially lonely today!... and scared!

Thank you
Old 10-25-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

I know how discouraging it can be and how hopeless it seems at times. But, you can stop drinking and live a sober life. I'm glad you found us and decided to post. I wonder why you have many relapses. What changes have you made in your life when you stop drinking? I found that recovery required a lot of change on my part.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Eveofthefuture -

I felt alone and scared when I came here, too. I don't think any of us can stop drinking without a lot of support. I couldn't imagine life without alcohol, but just hanging around this forum gave me a little hope that things could really get better. I know it can for you, too.

Glad you're here!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you Artsoul and Anna. Anna, not sure how to answer your question. Seems like there does not need to be such a big change in my life for me to relapse. seems like it is more with my moods... i can go from very happy to... desperate rather quickly... or any small event will give me a reason. I also seem to put myself in situations that will cause a relapse. trying to end a completely toxic friends with benefits type of relation with some guy (realized after two years that every time I see him, I feel empty, depleted, useless and I... drink!)
Old 10-25-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Eveofthefuture. Welcome!

Many of us felt lonely, guilty, hopeless, scared and pathetic at some moments of the lifetime. A jorney to bettler life start with the first step, and you stepped into the right direction joining SR. There is a lot of support here, and members are kind to each other.

Take care and keep posting.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi eveofthefuture and a warm welcome to SR.

Thank you for posting and rest assured you are not alone.
I certainly couldn't have done it on my own.

I find a great strength and comfort form AA and SR.

Take Care and look forward to more posts from you.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Eve

SR really helped me turn things around - when my mood slipped it was great to come here and find support and encouragement.

It really makes a difference to know you're not alone, not a loser and not doomed

Do check out our Class of October thread - you'll find lots of people quitting this month in there

welcome!

D
Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can stop using, you've got to do it one day at a time - just don't use or drink today, then tomorrow, repeat.

Welcome to the family!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Eve, I found sobriety, sanity and serenity in the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 10-25-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Eve. You're no longer alone - you have all of us. Everyone is in your corner.

When I first came here I'd been drinking round the clock for a long time. The more I read here, the more I wanted to lead a new life - the way so many here had managed to do. We know you can leave your old ways behind and begin to live again. Please keep posting - we want to help.