Notices

I dont believe it!!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety Dat 26\10\2012

I dont believe it!!!!!!!!

I was sober 1 month and 6 days the longest time being sober since I was 16 and relapsed today. I went to see my mental health councillor this morning and she just told me aload of crap I already knew. I thought they was supposed to help me but obviously not because I left there and went and drank a bottle of vodka now I can't stop and off to get a couple bottles of cider. I'm so ashamed of myself
Old 10-25-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

and she just told me aload of crap I already knew. I thought they was supposed to help me but obviously not because I left there and went and drank a bottle of vodka now I can't stop and off to get a couple bottles of cider

REmember, they can only help you if you're helping yourself. You can't blame the counselor for your drinking. I hope you can find a way to stop punishing yourself with alcohol.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Dan, whilst I know you feel crap about relapsing, sometimes you need them to give you that oomph you need to apply yourself to getting sober and working a program of recovery. Relapses make you feel pretty crappy. I have had several, but I wouldn't be where I am today without them. I definitely, by the grace of God, do not want another one though.

Natom.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I quit more times than I can count but staying quit required more than just will power.

For me I had to have a support group. In the beginning it was outpatient rehab, then outpatient rehab + AA then just AA.

I had to have others to support me because I just could not do it on my own
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've heard it said "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!" I'm not on my first attempt at sobriety by any means, either. In the past, I've considered any relapse as an excuse to go big or go home, so to speak: that is, if I slipped up and drank at all, I'd consider it a pass to go on a month long bender. I, too, would feel ashamed, and thought the only way to make it go away was to drown it in vodka. Does that have to be the case for you today? That's entirely up to you. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Please remember, one day of relapse doesn't mean you have to give up on getting sober, if that's what you want!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We are addicts so our first and natural instict is to drink. You can sit around and keep doing the same thing and expect different results... or you can change and fix what is broken.

It is a scary process but, it can be done...!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post
I was sober 1 month and 6 days the longest time being sober since I was 16 and relapsed today. I went to see my mental health councillor this morning and she just told me aload of crap I already knew. I thought they was supposed to help me but obviously not because I left there and went and drank a bottle of vodka now I can't stop and off to get a couple bottles of cider. I'm so ashamed of myself
Dan, are you going to AA meetings there?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 10-25-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In my personal experience, therapy can bring up a lot of emotions that aren't always pleasant. No pain no gain. Pick yourself back up & do it...I know you can!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We call cider 'fizzy dog wee' or 'dirty juice' in our house!

Hope this has put a little smile on your face xx
Old 10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

You can learn from this and put it behind you, Dan. Counseling can bring up all kinds of emotions and learning to deal with them, just allowing ourselves to feel them, can be daunting at first.

If you can understand what lead to picking up the drink again, it will help you move forward. It's hard not to beat ourselves up, I know, but this is a tough challenge for any of us. You can do it, though. Start now and take it a day at a time.... we're behind you.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank Dan but you can get back on the right road again.
That months not lost - everything you learned and accomplished is still there

reach out and get some help Dan. Stop this now.
D
Old 10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree - try again Dan - don't let this be the beginning of a long binge.

You did it once, and you can get back on track. This time it can be for good. You've learned something through this. Let's try again.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety Dat 26\10\2012

Thanks everyone I am still drinking today but I'm defiantly stopping and getting to the meeting tomorrow, TIME TO SORT MYSELF OUT!!! Hope everyone is ok
Old 10-26-2012, 03:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good luck Dan, we all know what you are going through. I hope you have the strength to cut it off tomorrow and get back on track.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
AA member

Start again dan.

Any chance of putting the drink down today and getting to a meeting? instead of the other way around.

Tomorrow was always the day I was going to stop drinking,never happened for me.

Wishing you well.