Notices

First 90 days ;(

Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First 90 days ;(

Hi all -

This is my first kick at the can when it comes to sobriety. I'm a 28 year old male living in Chicago. My mother is an alcoholic (unfortunately still practicing). I'm on day 63 now of sobriety. I feel my mood has lifted slightly, but I'm having a rough couple of weeks. For some reason I feel like I'm in a fog and can't really function as normal...has anyone else experienced this??

Also, when do you think it's appropriate for me to try and date girls in recovery? I find myself checking out some of the girls at AA meetings, especially when someone has been rambling on for 20 minutes (we all know the type). Should I just be focusing on myself right now or is this behavior normal in early recovery?

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SoberinChi
Congratulations on 63 days

Personally I didn't start dating until I felt I wouldn't be inflicting myself on someone.

I had a lot of work to do before I got to that point.I

and...I'm not an AAer but I'd kinda assume that any women at meetings are there for their recovery... or they should be.

It's that whole 'inflicting myself' thing again, you know?

D
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Soberinchi,

63 days is great!!! Tomorrow will be day 14 for me, and I feel good. I met with my counselor tonight and I asked her if the worst part is over, she said that sometimes around 4 months it seems to get difficult, they right now I am so focused and kind of in that honeymoon phase. Maybe you are hitting that a little early.

I am the daughter of an alcoholic, my dad was a great guy except for the alcohol.it was a huge contributor to his early death at 68. I want to watch my kids grow up, and want to be an active part of their childhood, and there for their adulthood.

From reading on here it seems like the road to sobriety is like a roller coaster, some ups and downs, but definitely worth the ride. (Ok, that may be a really cheesy simile)

Keep reading and posting.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

resist the bootay! lol

what could go wrong? seriously, focus on you for now. go out on "casual" dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner