Notices

4 Days!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 Days!

4 days sober does not sounds very impressive, I know. But this test of will power has really helped me grow. I find myself wanting to relapse constantly. There were certain times of the day when I would use, it was routine, and breaking that habit will not be an easy task. Friends aren't much of a support, and family does not know, so I will be becoming sober on my own.
I just want my life back. It has become unmanageable, and seems I have let many things I would have found very important, slip between my fingers without realizing it. The struggle is here every minute but learning to shush that voice screaming in the back of my head saying "USE! USE! It's okay, just once. No one will know!" is helping. Tomorrow is 5 days! YAY!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

4 days is awesome!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((AlleyCat)) - Welcome to SR and congratulations on 4 days! I remember when I didn't think I'd make it 4 HOURS. I told myself "not an option" about a million times a day and made myself think of anything other than using. It helped.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ally,

I have found reading SR and hearing what others are going through, as well as the reference material, to be very helpful. I am on day 12 (again) and all of the symptoms you describe I am experiencing. I have stopped for long periods of time in the past, and for me the first 14 days are the hardest. I physically can handle it, it's the mental part that gets me. I have alot of work to do.

I said in a post a few days ago that in the back of my mind for the last 12 days has been a constant soundtrack that sounds like a skipping record - "Drink (skip), Drink (skip), etc...

Find what works for you. Keep up the good work!

Toss
Old 10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep it up! Get yourself to an AA meeting and get a sponsor to call every day. Those first several days are just such hell but stay strong and start taking action towards your recovery!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Alley! Congratulations on 4 days! When that voice used to scream at me to use, I found it useful to just let it scream . . . and then I would do something besides using. I didn't have much luck tried to shoosh it. It reminded me of a mean dog barking at me while on a chain in his yard. If could of stood there and tried to get the dog to be quiet . . . or I could just keep walking and let the dog do his thing. The latter is what I finally decided to do and I've been sober ever since.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

First welcome! Sounds like you could use some support and you will definitely find that here on SR. I am on day 13, which means tomorrow will be two weeks. For me day 3 was really hard. I am reading, exercising and spending time with my kids. It is still hard at night, but I know I don't want another day one.

Hang in there, keep reading and posting!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Seriously, four days is great! Good Job! Tomorrow will feel even better.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job! Just think, you're a FULL DAY ahead of me... so let's keep it that way! What's helped me is focusing on reminding myself that when I think "just one" that is my alcoholic voice trying to take over. It has worked well so far keeping me positive that I can do this. Great job!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

keep it going!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everybody for the support. It truly means more than words can say to have people to chat with who are going through similar struggles.
xoxo