Notices

Sober mornings

Old 10-24-2012, 03:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober mornings

Are truly one of the biggest gifts I've given to myself in recovery. I woke up with a sinus headache & started thinking about how headaches upon awakening used to be my norm. I certainly don't miss starting my day off as an anxious dehydrated wreck. How did I live like that? Not well at all. When struggling, remember how bad you will feel the next day. This feeling of morning clarity is certainly helping me to stay on the right path. Have a great day everyone
Old 10-24-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey Quit,

I would even convince myself that when waking up still woozy that I felt great by comaparison. Then congratulate myself on not having a headache. All the while still technically drunk.

I can tell myself just about anything and I am gullable. Only from me. If someone told me about me I would rip into them.

Not today.

Have a good day.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did that too sometimes weasel..."at least I don't have a headache" lol oh the lies we used to believe from ourselves!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey,

Yeah, I just started my journey to full sobreity and wow. I can't beleive how different I feel. I was able to go to work and operate just fine (my work does require a lot of thinking and a sharp mind), so when I went even after a heavy night of drinking I started to think I am not hungover. Now I realize, wow my stomach feels better, I am feeling more empathy for people, and I had been fooling myself a lot of the time. I am pretty sure my coworkers could tell when I was nursing a hangover, but it became so common that I didn't think it was a hangover. So in all, yeah sober mornings are a blessing. Especially where I live and it's right along the water, so it's gorgeous. I appreciate it even more now.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post QFM79. I love mornings now too. Like you said, it is strange to now look back and ask "how did I live that way?". I was engaged in such destructive behavior! Curious thing to me is that although I was living right in the middle of it, and I had some consious awareness of the risks and consequences, they didn't really seem to sink in at the time. I knew drinking was bad for my relationships, my liver, my goals and yet I did it anyway. Is is almost like I was conscious of it and yet still oblivious to it!

Looking back at that lifestyle now from a sober perspective really helps to to understand the insanity of my addiction.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mornings are great now. I am on day 9. Still dealing with some physical withdrawel symptoms. Fatigue mainly the last couple of days but otherwise feeling fantastic. Not only did I used to wake up either still drunk or hungover, but I immediately started drinking first thing in the morning. I was hammered by 10am and yes, I used to drive and go to work like that. I am disgusted with myself that I used to do that. Never again!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

great post! I find myself getting up really early because I want to and it feels so refreshing