Notices

Will I experience serious withdrawl??

Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Will I experience serious withdrawl??

Hey, this is my first post, I am new to the forum, 25 yrs old, I have only recently in the last 2 months or so realized that I have a drinking problem. I decided I was drinking too much, so for the last 65 days I have used the Android App to keep a very accurate count of my alcohol consumption.

Here are my current stats:

Overall Average Consumption : 3.54 SD/ day

Average Consumption per drinking day 5.00 SD/day

Maximum Daily Consumption 11.80 SD

Maximum 7-day Consumption: 5.32 SD/day
(sept 23, 2012)

Maximum 30-day Consumption 4.08 SD/day
(sept 14, 2012)

In the last 65 days i have had 19 or (29.23 %) days with no alcohol at all.

I don't know if this seems like a lot or not????, and am confused where to go from here. I drink in almost all my social situations, and drink right now primarily to overcome very serious social anxiety problems. I am worried that I am drinking too much, and want to cut back drastically before I really get into trouble.

How worried should I be about withdrawal??

I usually have 5-6 drinks every Monday night, but last night I only had 3, and I also drank less last weekend. And last night I got a headache and nausea, and had a difficulty sleeping, and wasn't shaking but had a slight shaking sensation when I woke up, which is very different for me because I never get headaches, and Never have any trouble sleeping normally. However, today, still haven't had a drink, but feel fine.

Could I have been experiencing withdrawal? How dangerous are these drink levels, should I go days without a drink??? It's probably been several months since I've gone for more than 3 days without a drink.

Happy to be on the board. Am learning a lot so far.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi mjs - welcome

It's nearly impossible to predict what might happen with withdrawal - too many individual factors....

what might put me in hospital might not affect someone else anywhere near to that extent.

We can't give you medical advice here - but it's always best and safest to see a Dr if you're concerned

D