Notices

Help

Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

Well I decided to quit drinking yesterday and then drank a whole bottle of wine. Now it's the middle of the night and I'm awake and want to stop drinking again. I need someone I can talk to the next time I want to go and buy that bottle of wine. I know if I buy it I will drink the whole thing. Also I'm dumb about this stuff of posts, threads, forums, chats, etc? I just started clicking until I found a place to right. I hope this connects me to someone that would like to chat.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cheryl

This isn't the chat room - it's the Newcomers Forum - but you're sure to find people to talk with here

SR was a big help to me in turning things around - it really helps to know you're not alone

D
Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What is a chat room? threads? forums? How do I use them?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Hi CherylT, welcome, and glad you found us. You will definitely find support here for you, and someone to talk with too.

You started a thread in the Newcomers' Forum with your first post. There are other forums as well, with more specific interests such as AA help, Friends and Family of Alcoholics, and Substance Abusers for example.

There is also a real-time yak feature called the Chat room, where you can exchange messages back and forth with others who have also dropped by. You will find the link to the chatroom at the top right hand side of the page you are viewing. Just click around, make yourself at home.

We don't drink by accident, and we have the ability to learn to make the right choices and deal with that voice that says we need a drink. You can make this most important change in your life, Cheryl. Keep posting, OK?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. I will.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

See you figured out the 'forum' or message board piece.. follow FreshStart's instructions for live chat, I see there's a handful of people in there right now. I always choose the "float" option for chat because it opens up a new 'window' for chatting and you can still browse around the forum in a different window too.. if that makes sense lol