Notices

I am tired and can use a pep talk

Old 10-22-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am tired and can use a pep talk

Did my cooking for delivery tomorrow, got a new sponsor but I am tired. I think I have forgotten how to be happy for me.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fitz,
you bring joy, laughter, and sensitivity to this forum with your posts. I can't wait when there is a new post from you, as I never know what emotion you'll evoke. You feed people most of society has forgotten. You have given them respect and someone who cares about them.
Maybe you should get yourself some ice cream or something sweet to treat yourself for being such a great person. Or watch South Park, which is probably healthier!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get tired too Fitz - usually it's a sign I need to get a little balance back in my life?
do something for yourself maybe?

D
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yea I know. Thanks I am just going to eat some of my food watch Monty Python and let the world take care of itself
Old 10-22-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Fitz,

I don't post here that much, but I am here everyday. Have to say this, I check to make sure that you are here everyday. I get worried when you are not. You are an inspiration to me. The happiest that I feel is when I am helping others. Then I try to remember the things that I did, for me, that made me happy. It was gardening, it was household repairs, it was painting. It was doing anything at all, that I felt like I was put down for. Yanno, the OMG, you can't do that, that type of stuff. And I said to myself, that if I want to do that, my god, I am going to do that.

So of course, most had to do with repairing a house, or painting, or wall papering. But whatever it was, I did it because I knew that I could, and no one was going to tell me otherwise.

Not that I didn't make a lot of mistakes on the way, but you just laugh at those, because things can be fixed!!!!!!

Please note, I was a perfectionist, so now it is good when I can laugh at myself, and then just fix it or hire someone for that.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That was nice thanks, Just taking it easy today . Tomorrow will be a be big delivery day. Today is mine. I am working on balance but it works both ways. Enjoying some comedy. Enjoying the treads though not comedy. Everyone has an important story. Talked with my new sponsor today he is kind of a dick but will give him a try.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hear it's chicken soup tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!

That's great !!!!!

Another thing that I loved to do was to cook. But, alas, I live by myself now, and I am used to cooking for at least 20. So needless to say, I moved into my house about 1 1/2 years ago, and I finally made sauce and meatballs. Needless to say that even though I cut that recipe down by half, I will have a lot frozen for the winter months.

Also wanted to tell you that because I read your posts, I was looking into a volunteer job, maybe at an animal shelter (I love animals) or at a hospital.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea living by myself, I complain about my own cooking.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I see no better person to award my 100th post to but you, Fitz.

Congratulations!!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tink you so much
Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

You're awesome.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well, it's been a long day and there is an 8 o'clock meeting. I know I will be exhausted when I arrive and in complete relaxation when I leave. Just spending time and sharing my experience, strength and hope with others is a lift to my spirit - even if I ramble for an extra 10 minutes about the guy at the grocery check-out.

Keep it real and don't expect it all to be pudding.

Last edited by Collingwood20; 10-22-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-22-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It is all good thanks all I think the change of weather gets to me. Guy was domster diving today I said what are you looking for he said food, clothing so I gave him what I had left I am such a wuss.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yup, Fitz, I look forward to your posts too. You're a very special person in my book and I love you're quirky sense of humor.

When you're down, I feel bad and wish I knew more to help you.

When you watch movies, do you have Netflix? If so, I recommend some of the oldies, but goodies that you may not have seen since you were a kid. Abbott & Costello Meet the Mummy...I used to love them when I was a kid.

Hugs,

Slim
Old 10-22-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am ok Just kind of foodles. But have computer so pretty riich.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You're a big inspiration! Thanks for being here and making me smile.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Fitz, like others already said, you are a great asset to this site. The help and support tou give is not un noticed. Rest my friend, you deserve it ;-)
Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you for what you do for others, MycoolFitz.
For those out there, and those here too.
you are a good person.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

No you guys are my assets. Though i might need to dumpster dive. i think I have a muffin i have not sat on. Maybe once.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Fitz,

The best and greatest times that I had in my life was when I gave to others. Not in a codie way. BTDT. But with an elderly gentlemen who was sick, taking him to doc appts, arranging his meds, and yelling at him all the time, for not listening to me !!!!! Also when I went to my cancer treatments, to finally take the hat off to show the new crewcut of the day, and everyone wanted to feel it to know that it would actually come back.

That's what I remember, that's what I hold dearest

What I treasure even more than that, is the time that I spent with them, and talked to them, and even held them, cried together. That's life to me in a nutshell, being there for people, and that is what you are doing.

For you, just know that you changed your world around. Take a walk on the beach, or just sit by the beach. I guess I assume you are by the beach because of your pic.