Notices

day 1 - sad and anxious

Old 10-22-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1 - sad and anxious

Hi all,

So it begins... this is day 1. I'm pretty miserable because the ex will not talk to me... but I'm at work and functioning enough. It will be easier to avoid alcohol at least for the next 3 days, because I have plans every day after work that cannot involve alcohol (because I'm driving). Tomorrow is my first day volunteering at an animal shelter, and I'm really excited to start that. So... wish me luck! (My previous record is 5 days - I haven't been sober longer than that in 6 years. Hoping to break that record.)

-SD
Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi! Im on day 1 too, so i understand its hard.. but im keep thinking about the outcome of this, how wonderful won't it be when we dont need to wake up hangover next morning with the guilt feeling.. understand its hard for you especially with your ex, but sounds like you have alot to look forward to! we can do it xx
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes you both can do it! I'm on day 21, never tought I could do this.

Life is sooo much better not having to think about Alchool all the time! Do I have enough? can I drive to get some? Do I have enough money?

All that is gone now!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey,

I just joined here today and this is day three of my journey to be sober. This is the longest I have stayed sober in MONTHS perhaps a year or so. I can't remember the last time I was this sober. All I gotta say is, it's worth it. Crazily enough, after three days, I am already feeling a part of me reawaken that I think alcohol had numbed for a while. It's a part that cares for people and is more emphatic. It's interseting. I still feel sad and anxious at times but it's getting less and less severe each day. So, from my experinece so far, my advice is, stick with it. Keep doing it because eventually, great things will definitely happen and you will realize that alcohol may have clouded your judgement on a lot of things in life. It's quite fascinating.

Hope it helps you out some.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Back to day 1 for me. I have to remember to not get too lonely or angry, thats where I went wrong, I think.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, SnowDaisy, sophiasunshine and TSN! Welcome to SR. Glad to have you all. Tons of wisdom and support here.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Snow Daisy,

Sounds like today is going a little better. Day 11 for me today, and each day I am feeling better. Enjoy your volunteer time.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome ladies and gents. Congrats on finding your way here. The urges and cravings will come, and they will hurt either physically or mentally. . Fight them off, think about your last drunk, think about your last hangover. Think about why you want to be sober. Take a stand against them, it's not going to be easy all the time, but It will be worth it. keep coming back for support here! Lots of people with great advice and experience! Best wishes