Notices

Lack of appetite and other side effects

Old 10-22-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lack of appetite and other side effects

Anyone else? Its only been 10 days. I have lost 7 lbs. No desire to eat. I do still drink a lot of coffee, though, which leaves me shaky and anxious feeling. I am also extremely cranky and overly emotional. Shouldnt it be getting easier by now?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm currently on day 22 and my appetite is just now coming back -- the first few days I was eating a lot because I needed "something" to reach for that wasn't alcohol, but after that my appetite disappeared entirely. Lost 5 pounds within the first week and a half. I am still finding that I get irritated rather easily and find myself crying a lot more than I used to. I'm sure everyone experiences things differently, but this has been mine so far.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey,

I just started the process of stopping 3 days ago and so far am alcohol free. I did lose my apetite and it's slowly been coming back over time. I also lost about 5 lbs in two days and was more anxious and cranky. I still feel a little anxious and still a little cranky. I think it's a normal part of the process. One that you have to realize, at least I think so, that it's alcohol's sneaky way of trying to get you to come back to it easily. From what I understand, when you have been addicted, the survival part of your brain thinks that a substance is necessary for survival, while the more human side with emotions, knows its not. From what I have read, it sounds like the first step is taming the survival side and letting it know, you can survive without alcohol.

In summary, I think what you are going through is normal and that you must continue to do what you are doing in order to beat it.

I hope that this helps some.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I second both answers ;-)

Coffee is not the best thing, you need to re-hydrate your entire body.
If you can tolorate Green tea, it's 500 times better, and super anti-oxidant. Pop lot's of Vitamnine C and B complex Vitamines also.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
I second both answers ;-)

Coffee is not the best thing, you need to re-hydrate your entire body.
If you can tolorate Green tea, it's 500 times better, and super anti-oxidant. Pop lot's of Vitamnine C and B complex Vitamines also.
I have been getting into teas as well -- recently discovered yerba mate drinks at the health store and have found those refreshing on occasion.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Krispy, you got to try chamomille before bedtime. It's freakin awsome!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

chicken soup with some veggies, easily digests too.

Tekaane Honey-vanilla relaxing tea with splenda, very very tasty too. (any grocery store).