How to get my husband out of the house

Old 10-20-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to get my husband out of the house

My husband has really gone into deep with his addiction, my question is how do i get him out of the house. I don't want the police involved but something has got to give... I have closed my eyes or kept my eyes closed for too long. This is repetitious and I am tired of the mess. I love him very much but need to do what's best for me and my children. His actions is like a big baby, he pouts, whine and yells and scream because he will have come home tomorrow and say the same crap he has been saying, " that he will fix things". I think his boss is done trying with him, he gave him his walking papers and of course I will be the ultimate blame because we keep in touch when He goes bezerk. And his son loves him so much and I don''t want to embarass him any more.

What shall I do....

SGNJ40
Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

I would post this under the Friends and Family forum. I think you'll get lots of good feedback.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi....
jennikate is correct....I moved this for you to the F&F forum
where you can find support for yourself and your children.

Sorry to know of this situation...
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Getting someone out of the house against their will is a legal question dependent on your state and local laws. You'll have to talk to a lawyer and there may be no way of doing it without a court order enforced by police action.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think that only you know what is right for you.

I kicked my STBXAH out of the house. He refused to leave. I called my parents and had my father come and hang out so that he understood that I was serious. He packed up and left. I had the locks changed the next day. We have three small children that have witnessed his steady decline in the past few years. They are sad at times and extremely confused, but they are also happy now. They live in a home where they are loved and feel safe. They can talk and I will listen. My children love their father, but it doesn't change the fact that he in no way, shape, or form, can be a GOOD father right now. I'm sure that your son loves his father very much, but you have to do what is in both your and your son's best interest.

It is hard to be in contact with an A after you have left. They make promises that they just can't keep. I find that I get sucked into his vortex when I talk to him. Many of the people here at SR find no contact to be the best idea. I have children with my STBXAH so complete no contact is not possible, but I do find extremely limited contact to be better than daily rants/whining/complaining from him.

Be kind to yourself. And know that there are plenty of us here going through the same thing.

Take care.

And YOU are not embarrassing him. HE is embarrassing himself.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I recommend getting a free consultation from a local family law attorney. Maybe get a second one too.

In my case, I was not listed on the mortgage. I could not deny him access to our family home. I asked for temporary use of the home until I could make other arrangements and that is what I got.

If you own or rent and his name is on lease or loan, he may still have rights.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mry

I told my AH that the kids asked that he stay at my FIL's house for a while. My AH wouldn't have gone for me, but he was willing to leave for the kids' peace of mind. Would your husband leave for the kids' sake? And if so, is there someone else who would take him in?