Notices

I am so embarrased

Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am so embarrased

I own a strip club where I have spent the last 10 years partying hard and being drunk constantly. I am done with being drunk. This is all a result of a terrible divorce and me trying to prove my worth in life.

I have been sober for three days and that is a major achievement to me.

I just want to stop screwing 3-4 strippers everyday and get back to a life where I am a business owner. At 39, these young girls provide nothing to me and I am afraid I might eventually get a disease.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I would say staying sober may save your life in more than one way!!! 3 days is good! Welcome to SR, it's a great resource for recovery! Good luck!
Old 10-20-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

welcome to SR, russa. lots of us come here because alcohol burned out our lights. it's hard to walk around in the world when you feel like you're not even a part of it anymore. alcohol becomes all consuming and all your thoughts and actions are driven by it. it causes us to take risks we wouldn't ever take sober and to live these crazy half lives we don't even really feel we're a part of. sobriety can help you so much. you can get back to being the business owner you want to be. you're in an especially tough situation considering that you're going to be surrounded by temptation at every turn with your business but it's still possible. you've got to be steadfast and committed to your goals. i hope you find the support you're looking for here. SR is a great place and a wonderful community. glad to have you on board!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Russa2

My life used to revolve around alcohol & drinking and bright lights - I needed to change a lot in order to save my life.

I guess you need to work out how much you're prepared to change Russa.
Have you got any ideas about a plan to stay sober?

D
Old 10-21-2012, 01:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Welcome to SR russa. You gotta be committed to your change russa, as Dee has said. It will most likely mean a change of business. I knew a bar owner in recovery. Well I knew him for a bit until he went back out there. Hanging around a bar is like standing in the middle of a battlefield expecting not to get shot. You may have to sell your club if this is something you definitely want. And perhaps invest in another type of business.