Notices

2 weeks sober...

Old 10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks sober...

Im craving drugs... bad.
Im very depressed, im on SSRIs (for 3 weeks today) and they dont seem to be helping. Can someone help me? What should i do to get drugs outta my head? Thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Posting is good, you are doing great with 2 weeks. I'm just at 3.
I was also feeling kind of weird today, but I tought, do I prefer to feel this way, knowing That it will eventually get better with time, or would I preder to drink and be like that forever? I know it's hard budy, give yourself time, try to watch a movie, call someone, or just keep posting here. But man you post and don't give in!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on only on day 3, but if a thought about using drugs comes to mind, I immediately try my hardest to think of something else, or I take a walk, or play the piano, or watch tv, or read, or take a shower.. Really anything that will keep your mind occupied will help.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Posting is good, you are doing great with 2 weeks. I'm just at 3.
I was also feeling kind of weird today, but I tought, do I prefer to feel this way, knowing That it will eventually get better with time, or would I preder to drink and be like that forever? I know it's hard budy, give yourself time, try to watch a movie, call someone, or just keep posting here. But man you post and don't give in!
Thanks, i made it two weeks this summer but i gave in!
Its weird, this is my first craving the whole two weeks and its extremely intense. I think if i can get past a month ill be in the clear.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you got a support network? Someone you can call? Don't worry about getting the thought of using out of your head rather just concentrate on not acting on it. I always tell people that 'not drinking' is what I spend 80% of my time doing. It takes effort to stay sober. Glad you're here x
Old 10-20-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job with 2 weeks, you've made it this far, so why not keep going and see how far you can make it, always challenge yourself. But when you get to your 30 days, you can't just think you will be good. Recovery is something you will have to work at every single day. The simplest way is to just take it one day at a time. Although when you get to 30 days, you will find it is a lot easier than it is now at 2 weeks. Good luck and keep on posting!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The craving is passing. I feel a lot better for not caving in.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Have you got a support network? Someone you can call? Don't worry about getting the thought of using out of your head rather just concentrate on not acting on it. I always tell people that 'not drinking' is what I spend 80% of my time doing. It takes effort to stay sober. Glad you're here x
I dont because all my friends drink/do drugs, so they would laugh for me being sober or something.
I think i can tough through this though, i really want to quit everything!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Could you go to NA or a SMART meeting? It might help to have some face to face support x