Treatment

Old 10-19-2012, 11:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Treatment

EXABF is going through an ******** treatment tonight.

His health is poor and I wish some of you would say a little prayer for my little girl's daddy.

This is hard for me. I still love him some and yet have started to detach.
We were at his place today and there are so many bad memories there. Driving back home after he left for the treatment I had a lot of anger towards him and yet I hope this treatment will allow him some sober time.

Despite all the bad stuff I am trying to send some prayers and positive energy his way tonight. I am not sure I can sleep at all...but I bet my 2 year old will be up early.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
turning red!

sending thoughts & good energy your way, his way and you cute little girl xx
Old 10-20-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

February,

Im sending healing prayers and good thoughts out to all of you tonight. My husband went through a rapid detox in the states earlier this year (which I think is similiar) and I recall the anxiety of waiting. I also pray you can get some rest tonight; your so right; 2 year olds wont be denied when morning awakes.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

>>>>>I wish some of you would say a little prayer for my little girl's daddy<<<<<<

done!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I pray all goes well and you and your little one can have a long night's sleep.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My prayers are with all of you! I hope you keep us updated!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending prayers.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts,
He hasn't used any opiates in over 24 hours and is not experiencing any withdrawals
which is pretty amazing (of course it doesn't mean anything about whether he'll stay
clean or not).
Old 10-20-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update February. I was thinking about you both tonight and wanted to come on here and see if you had updated.

Was wondering, is he going to have any follow up therapy after this treatment that might help him work on issues and stay clean even longer?

Prayers still going out to all in your family. Hope you can rest better tonight.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

allforcnm- I have no idea if he'll go to therapy.
I told him a few days ago that I saw info where I attend Alanon about outpatient services by the 2 big addiction treatment centres around here. He was upset that his friend who went to one of these centres didn't tell him they had outpatient services. I took that to mean that he was interested...
Until the ******** provider told me they had started the treatment I wasn't sure he'd even go through with it even if he had been planning it for months.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thinking of you and your little one February xxx
Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by February13 View Post
allforcnm- I have no idea if he'll go to therapy.
I told him a few days ago that I saw info where I attend Alanon about outpatient services by the 2 big addiction treatment centres around here. He was upset that his friend who went to one of these centres didn't tell him they had outpatient services. I took that to mean that he was interested...
Until the ******** provider told me they had started the treatment I wasn't sure he'd even go through with it even if he had been planning it for months.
At least he has some interest in treatment, maybe the thought will start slowly and take hold. Will keep you all in my prayers.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I will keep you all in my prayers too.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I guess EXABF(?) hasn't used opiates in 72+ hours.
I have to say I find that pretty amazing.
(still no idea if he'll stay sober of course)

I want to show him some support but I am not sure whether I am showing support
or being totally codependent...

I went to his place with our little girl, fed the cat which really I should be taking to my
place (he doesn't even like the cat though it's kind of his,I actually had her in the
carrier about 2 weeks ago but then he kind of freaked out , i think he was crying, and
was like "if you take her I know you are not going to spend the night over ever
again"so I left her there since he was so close to getting some kind of help).
Our daughter misses daddy and the big house, she was really happy to play there so
we spent the night (with kitty cuddling with us!). I suspect that it's confusing for our
daughter, that it gives her the idea that we might go back to living there? I have to
talk to a therapist...

While DD played I ended up washing his kitchen floor, a few windows, did some laundry and cleaned his bathtub/bathroom counter. Not very intense cleaning but still... I thought I'd never clean that house again... I feel pretty weird about it.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by February13 View Post
I guess EXABF(?) hasn't used opiates in 72+ hours.
I have to say I find that pretty amazing.
(still no idea if he'll stay sober of course)

I want to show him some support but I am not sure whether I am showing support
or being totally codependent...

I went to his place with our little girl, fed the cat which really I should be taking to my
place (he doesn't even like the cat though it's kind of his,I actually had her in the
carrier about 2 weeks ago but then he kind of freaked out , i think he was crying, and
was like "if you take her I know you are not going to spend the night over ever
again"so I left her there since he was so close to getting some kind of help).
Our daughter misses daddy and the big house, she was really happy to play there so
we spent the night (with kitty cuddling with us!). I suspect that it's confusing for our
daughter, that it gives her the idea that we might go back to living there? I have to
talk to a therapist...

While DD played I ended up washing his kitchen floor, a few windows, did some laundry and cleaned his bathtub/bathroom counter. Not very intense cleaning but still... I thought I'd never clean that house again... I feel pretty weird about it.
aww I bet your little girl and the kitty cat are so cute together.

Im sure there would be lots of opinions on the codependency question you asked, but I think it comes down to your personal feelings, and if you are breaking any of the rules you have set for your own needs, etc.

Since he is undergoing treatment, and is clean then personally I think showing him support is a good thing. I cant really say about the house cleaning aspect; I think as long as you did it freely and feel ok about it, then that is fine. I think you know that he may revert back to using; you have talked about that awareness. So I think it is good to share quality time when you can if that is your desire.

Im sorry I didnt read how old your daughter was. It might indeed be a good idea to talk to a therapist who works with kids and could give you some pointers on how to explain things to your little one. My son is too little for the need to explain; but it is something Ive thought about already. I know different ages require various amounts of information according to what they can process. But overall I think children are resilient; and you are with her, so she knows she is stable wherever she goes.

When you said DD - was that daddy daughter playing, or is he home yet. Wasnt quite sure about that part.

Anyway, I am glad he has made progress this week. I hope you have found some time to rest a little; I know the stress and worry of the procedure is really difficult. I actually read about the ******** treatment when I was reseraching things for my husband, but I never met anyone who had used it personally. Thank you for sharing. My prayers are with your family.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

******** is not legal in the U.S.

Regardless of withdrawal method, staying clean and sober is highly dependent on the addict's own motivation and subsequent actions to change their lives.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

allforcnm-my daughter is 2 (she'll be 3 in january), how old is your son?

DD is from a different forum, it means Dear Daughter. Sorry for the confusion.

My Ex BF got home yesterday, we stopped by for a while. It's really strange, his whole energy felt so different. He was very calm (and still kind of tired). I guess he is 5 days clean.

outtolunch--You are right ******** is illegal in the United States so most americans choosing to do an ******** treatment go to Mexico. We are in Canada and it's not illegal here but the options for ******** are quite limited here.
About the staying clean and sober--->yes the addict has to be motivated and make changes (My ex seems motivated but I am not sure he is ready to make changes) but I have to add that ******** offers an incredible window of opportunity where there are no cravings.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi February,
My son is almost a year old. Im enjoying every minute at this age, but it will be so much fun when he gets to be two ! (and if its not, don’t spoil it for me – lol). I was reading one of your earlier posts where you have your daughter in all kinds of activities; sounds like fun. I cant wait to do more of those things.

We are in the USA, but I still read about ******** treatment, and your right some people do travel out of the country for it. It offers some really good advantages, but it has dangers associated with it just like the Rapid Detox that my husband went through. His procedure was done under anesthesia and they administered drugs to take him through withdrawal in about 10 hours. He had tried it on his own before we did this, and he was incredibly sick with withdrawals. So I understand what you mean about it is really amazing that you can go from point A, to point B in a matter of days. And the changes I think are obvious because they happen so quickly to the person.

I know the benefits of ******** are supposed to last for quite a while. I read where your ex DOC was heroin, but interestingly that treatment is supposed to work on a wide range of addictive substances. The treatment myhusband had was limited to opiates.

Did you guys ever hear of a drug called Naltrexone (or vivitrol I think is the generic). Anyway, that might be something for him to think about down the road; It is a opiate antagonist I think they call it. I will botch this description, but you can google it. Anyway, It blocks any opiates from getting to the receptors and a person cant get high while using it; it helps with cravings also.
Person has to be clean when they start it. My husband got an injection as part of his procedure, and then one after that. It might be something the ex could use long term after the ******** to help maintain.

Hopefully he will reach out for some type of treatment and take advantage of this opportunity. But I agree, he has to want it for himself (motivation) and be willing to work to find the answers he needs to help him stay clean.

Thanks for explaining DD; that was my second guess actually: Darling Daughter. I think I have seen it referenced before, but Im not up on all the abbreviations still.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My daughter is an amazing little person! I feel so lucky to have her and 2 is a great
age.

I read about the rapid detox before, I guess they used to have one place that did it near
or in Vancouver but my understanding is they were not offering treatment anymore
when my Ex started to look for a solution for his problem.

We have our little music activity in the morning and we'll probably go see him after for
a little while. I feel so relieved the treatment went well...I stayed up cleaning our place
till 3 AM last night!

I am looking forward to a day when we can have a bit of a conversation, when he is
feeling a bit better and when our daughter is out of earshot... I guess I'd like him to
say he is sorry and I am curious to see if his being clean will cause him to stop blaming
me for all the things he has been blaming me for.