OT - This Weekend

Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - This Weekend

My Friday attempt to be positive and wish everyone peace, serenity, and safety this weekend.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a gloomy weather day in Central Ohio - good for OSU football! Go BUCKS!

Sunday is my Birthday. No, I'm not a narcissist looking for everyones' attentions! Just wanted to share this small event with the people I feel most closely linked with these last several months.

Hope you all can have at LEAST a few moments of peace and quiet to yourselves this weekend, and do some nice things for yourself.

Having my awesome 2.5 year-old with me on my birthday is my 365-days/year gift from God.

C-OH Dad
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!!
I hope you get to enjoy it!

We're looking at a "meh" weekend weather-wise (which is infuriating because it's one of those crisp clear autumn days right now and all of next week is forecasted to be the same -- EXCEPT the weekend!). But it's OK. I've had an incredibly intense week with 12-14-hour days away from the house every single day, so I'm really looking forward to sleeping in, curling up with a book and a blanket, and, of course, climb Mount Laundry...
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Our weather is going to be gorgeous. I'm taking my son up to Sedona this weekend so we can hike and he can practice his photography. The leaves in the canyons are starting to turn. Thn he's having friends sleep over on Sat. Night. AH comes back on Sunday from Costa Rica, but I'm enjoying my time alone right now this week!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy birthday and best wishes for a nice weekend. One that leaves you feeling rejuvinated. That is always what I wish for on weekends - feeling rejuvinated.

This weekend my oldest is having friends over and they are debating if they will get up the nerve to go to the haunted house. SCARY. Sat night I babysit for a bunch of kids AND - I have admitted defeat with my ever digging dog. My last resort - I installed one of those shock collar style fences last weekend and plan to start training the dog this weekend. I put up a very expensive 6' wooden fence when we got her - then proceeded to line the bottom with wire, bricks, flower pots, re-bar, etc. she has more persistance and smarts than me. I need to keep her away from the bottom of that fence!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Football Football Football
The youth football end-of-season tournaments are this weekend -all day Saturday and Sunday. Looking like good weather for the most part.
We've (team parents) made posters that look like big jersey's for every player and put together goodie bags for them to wish them well-done for a good season. I complain about the schedule of practices, games and travel but really.....I love it. Mostly because they love it.
But I am relieved that it will be over too. I can't wait to dispose of those cleats that have been stinking up the entry way for months!!!! hallelujah!!!

Happy Birthday COD!!!! I hope it is a good day that brings you peace and happiness.

TGIF
MamaKit
Old 10-19-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Let go and Let God!

Hope you have a Happy Birthday!!!

I am also in Ohio, not great weather, but we are okay with that. This is the last weekend for soccer. My three oldest kids are playing. Two are playing at the same time, so I will be walking back and forth between fields. The other one plays later on in the day.

I am looking forward to a Saturday filled with soccer and a Sunday watching football on tv.

Enjoy your weekend!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

lizatola,

Can I go to the Sedona trip? it sounds awesome!

Ohio Dad

Thanks for your uplifting post, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

I am looking forward to buy a new yoga mat & stretch a bit. And hug & play with my cats, they are the ultimate stress relief exercise.

I am planning to walk around downtown with the camera on Sat.

Perhaps see some friends.

Yes, it will be a good weekend.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Me too, me too! I want to go to Sedona and practice my photography!

Instead, I will be winterizing the RV. It's always a little sad when I have to put it away till spring.

Only two more weeks of work though till I am officially retired!

Happy B-day COD!

L
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations LaTeeDa!!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have guests here this week and a few nights ago we went into town for the weekly Pub Quiz.(The first time I've been out at night in months & months.) Our team came in third and won tickets to the all you can eat Saturday brunch. So that's what I'm doing tomorrow morning. Sunday I'm going to take my young dog for a hike up the mountain. That's too much for older dog so he'll get a walk along the lake. Then I plan to spend some quality time with my hammock. I hope you all have an excellent weekend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COD! And many more. I hope you celebrate all weekend.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

That was some early Buckeye birthday present for you! Happy Birthday! You're a great dad and awesome, supportive SR poster!