This is me

Old 04-08-2004, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is me

I have been married for over 20 years and, sadly watched my husband's alcoholism slowly escalate. We were so very close until the past few years. I suspected there were other women ... and learned I was right. When I confronted him I insisted that if we stayed together, the drinking had to stop. He promised that he loved me, wanted us to stay together and agreed to stop drinking. I know it has been a struggle for him but, as far as I can tell, he has kept his word.

I have been attending a local Al Anon group for the past few months. At first, H was opposed. He has since seen how much it has helped me and has stopped objecting. In fact, I would go so far as to say that they are the glue that has held me together thus far. DH doesn't want to participate in AA. We have 3 wonderful boys that are all grown now. Our youngest is 18 and is the only one at home.

I sought out these boards because even though my local group is good, I feel I need more. I know I should seek out a sponsor, but that is difficult for me to do. I hope that by participating in this board, I will find what I am unable to seek out in my group, or possibly find the courage to approach a sponsor in my group.

That's me in a nutshell. Very abreviated but perhaps we will have a better opportunity to know each other soon.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Dust bunny

I also have been married to my AH for 20 years. Welcome to SR. I think that you will find comfort here on the boards. There are many wise people who have gone through and are going through the same thing as you. Keep coming back.
Peace - L
Old 04-09-2004, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there Dustbunny,
I'm glad you joined us.
We're here to listen and encourage you.
Stick around.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-09-2004, 11:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Bunny,
Welcome! I also have been married to my alcoholic hubby for 20 years next month. Like the song says "what a long strange trip it's been". Welcome and keep sharing , the more the merrier.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

Thankyou for the welcome.

Hugs to you all.