A "Different" Perception

Old 10-18-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

A "Different" Perception

I wish to express my gratitude to those who have shared their experience with Asperger's Syndrome with me.

I don't often get to talk about this, because most people just don't know what I'm talking about! (my ex husband of many years has very high functioning Asperger's).

For those who expressed concern about themselves and their spouse, don't worry too much--LOL. While these persons don't seem to comprehend emotion very well in their interactions, there is a whole constellation of other symptoms that may accompany this feature. Often described as " a bit odd" or "quirky", at times. If anyone is curious, seek out one of the psychology websites that will explain quite well.

Yes, active alcoholics (and early recovery stages) often are insensitive, selfish, or even cruel to their loves ones---this is most often a result of the disease that they are battling. Asperger's is believed to be present from birth, with a genetic basis---their brains process "differently".

I am no expert. I'm just sharing what I have learned along the way. For years I thought that I was "crazy". (Well, I could still be, but that is for discussion on another day....LOL........)

Sincerely, dandylion