Notices

Hi I am a newcomer

Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hi I am a newcomer

I just found out 5 weeks ago my son who is 27 is using needles. I have heard through the grapevine he has used heroin, pills and is smoking speed. My son on and off since he was probably 11 has been using some kind of substance. I got divorced from his father about that age. I know that our divorce affected my son emotionally. He was my baby. I continued to baby him and enabling him until now. I always felt that I needed to make up for something because of his pain he felt, even though I knew through the years he was taking advantage of me. I felt that if I could just fix my son, I could make his life easier for him. When he told me he was using and sticking a needle up veins, that was the day I knew I could not help my son. Now I find myself not knowing what to do with the unknown. I am so lost. I don't know how, or if I can let go. All I have ever known is to be apart of my childrens life. By the way, I have a daughter who is 28. I am reading Al-Anon's Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions. The first 4 steps I have to keep reading over. I don't even know were to begin on how to manage my life. I have never done that. I my heart hurts!! I have never been so sad.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. My brother used as well. The site above deals specifically with that. Glad you're with us. I'm real new, but I'm sure others will be posting very soon. Sending big hugs in the meantime ((( <3 )))