Notices

Hi! :)

Old 10-16-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi! :)

Just wanted to introduce myself, say hi and whatnot. I've come here for additional support when I can't get to a meeting. I've been using for about 10 years now. I started using when my Mom died, opiates were my crutch. When my dad died Alcohol was my crutch.

I keep thinking about what my mom and dad would think if they were alive and I carried on like I was. Main drugs of choice for me are definitely opiates.. I'm on a short Suboxone deal. I've been through this before, but I relapsed. I'm thankful for the Suboxones because I wouldn't be able to get clean any other way. I'm wanting to go back to work after raising my kids as long as I could. My daughters are 17 and 13. They don't wanna see their momma doped out all the time. When my kids started noticing, it hit me in the head like a club. I need to quit and stay that way. I was taking it for legitimate reasons, a herniated disk. But honestly it doesn't hurt enough to warrant a pain pill (or in my case pills) I've taken up to at least 20 a day.

Anyway, I know that was long, sorry Hope to get to know you all. I've been lurking a bit and decided to join.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!! You will find great support here
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome home Allie,

Admitting the problem is the first and most imporant thing. You can be free of that demon. Stick around and keep posting and reading..
Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Welcome, AllieCapone. I understand you. When my Mom passed away I felt guilty that, as I thought, I did not do enough to save her life (she had cancer). So, my remedy to take away the pain was wine.

I think your daughters are the great reason to live for. Wish you all the best in this journey to healthy life.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! You will find an abundance of support here. I am sorry for your losses. I just lost my mom to cancer.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and good for you for making the decision to change your life for the better.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Good choice to join. I've only been here a few days and love it. Very supportive.

"Flint" jogged my memory so I looked it up. I went to school in Ann Arbor for a while. Go Blue! Or are you a Spartan fan? I see Flint is equally close to Lansing.

Anyways, welcome!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

P.S. Allie. Are you by any chance related to a guy named Alphonse? From Chicago I think.