Notices

Just read "Under the Influence" in one day!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just read "Under the Influence" in one day!

This book was a real eye-opener and although I'm sure it's been posted about before, I thought I'd mention it and recommend it.

This is my third serious attempt to quit drinking, and I'm on day 5. The book really helped me understand the scientific physical happenings of alcoholism and made me realize that I am truly an alcoholic. Now I know why I actually used to feel "better" after a couple of drinks, and why I could "function" after drinking more than my peers. It also scared the sh** out of me in terms of the hidden destructive physical changes that are going on in my body due to years of heavy drinking.

So, with some new insight, I honestly hope that this time I can stick with complete sobriety and not go back to thinking that I can have just one (and then having things spiral into daily heavy drinking).

Tara
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't read that yet... I'll put it on my list. Well done on day 5 Tara Are you getting any other support too? x
Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 5!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is a great book as well as Beyond The Influence. I can't recommend reading recovery books enough, to people in the first month.
They helped me soooo much, filled my time & my mind. Helped me understand what I was going through, alleviated alot of the guilt I felt, etc.
Thanks for posting & way to go on Day 5!!