Notices

I'm ready to stop digging any deeper

Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm ready to stop digging any deeper

Ahhhh, I'm starting this journey over again... I've haven't had drugs and alcohol in a few days, today will be the first day without the pot to... so today will be my official sober date. I was sober for shy of a year up to about 6 months ago... started back with some very controlled casual drinking and MJ, and I haven't done to much... but I've had several speed binges again... somehow always getting sucked back into the I can control it this time... Last time I quit, I was broke, unemployed, single, so I think I might have been a little forced, this time I'm still hiding it very well but... no that I'm due to serious mess something up with my health or legally. Anyways my biggest problem last time was I live in a small town with 1 NA group and 2 AA groups, I went for around 5-6 months but never really felt into it, my first 2 sponsers were nuts, the only 2 poeple my age were in a relationship and the guy was crazy jealous... the NA group was definetely poeple I could not relate to... I've been very disappointed with going for so long and going to after meeting dinners and this and that without acually making a friend.... I felt like I didn't see poeple that had really moved on, but were very unhealthy in this group.... that being said I believe in AA and plan to follow the book and start readying tonight again, but I'm really ready to meet some good friends that can help me, I can look up to, and then hopefully start some really good relationships..... ahhh I'll stop before I go to far yalll, you know how early sobriety makes you crazy Peace and love and all help is much appr.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Congratulations on trying to go clean and sober. You know...back in the day alcoholics didn't have AA meetings to go to. They just got the book and got sober stright from it. Then they did their 12 step work and built their own fellowship. It can be done! Good luck to you!