Notices

Don't give up!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't give up!

I would just like to say thank you to my God, I give him all the praise. I am an alcoholic and had tried quiting drinking many times on my own, I even went to a very expensive rehab to no avail. I finally got tired of my life not going any where and quiting drinking on my own failing. I turn it over to God and I told him I couldn't do it, I had tried many times. Well I am right at 2 months sober now and I pray for strength every day, I don't have craving, I don't think about drinking. It's like my eyes have been opened. I used to not be able to have fun unless alcohol was involved and of course it cost me a lot in my life marriages, jobs, finacial problems, law problems. I wake up everyday thinking this is a wonderful day and I have so much to look forward to. My life has changed for the good, the problems alcohol and myself made are getting taken care of it's a process but it is happening and it wouldn't be if I was still drinking.

So I just want to give a word of incuragement and say don't give up!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I think there are many people on here that will get a lot of hope from you sharing your ES&H. I for one love to read new comers epiphanies because I have a little time around here and I forget what it was like when everything was all brand new. The awe and wonder of it all. Sometimes people say it is a pink cloud but I do not necessarily think so because we just lived through a war and we made it out alive of course we are going to feel some sense of gratitude. The real question though is how do we keep that attitude going? Maybe some of the people on here reading can give some insight. Congrats on your two months.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Sounds like the sobriety promises of AA are coming true in your life. Sobriety is wonderful
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome!!! Great post.I am new to this but am already feeling so much better..So proud of you.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm with you this one, I prayed for the strength to do this after a night without drink, I pray for the strength to keep going every night , I've had the odd bad night, but 29 weeks of Freedom and sober, my prayer keeps getting answered.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

hear hear!! life free from the chains of alcohol is glorious. when we give up trying to control our drinking and instead commit to simply not picking up the drink ever again, we free our minds, bodies and souls from the weight of our addiction. thank you for such a wonderful post. it's great to be able to share this freedom and joy with so many people.