Notices

lost....

Old 10-15-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost....

i need help ive exhausted all of my resources i tried to quit cold but after a week of sick and week i injected again. family cant help any longer they tried bless them so much. 10 years of heavy meth use is enough im below rock bottom and sinking further ive been shooting for a year to the day give or take a few days... injectedd at least twice a day scince. no money no home no hope. yesterday to prove my seriousness of my desire to escape the clutch of the needle i gave up all my rigs to my sister i havent been without one ever scince i started got on line to look for help and found you guys. this is my last shot before i leave it to fate. i have nothing any longer my last bit of hope is fadeing fast. please. i need guidance what am i going to do im freaking out without my rigs
Old 10-15-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR hopless Have you thought about getting some support, like going to NA or a SMART meeting? I'm an alcoholic, but I found that staying sober is difficult without help. You don't have to do this on your own x
Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hopless: Sounds like you need help with this real bad. Professional help, like a doctor, if at all possible. Also help from some kind of group like NA, AA, or some of the various alternatives (see the site on this SR called "secular recovery" and some other sites relating to drugs). Your body's playing tricks on your mind but you still have enough willpower left to seek help. You can do this. Others have. Save your life. It's an uphill road, steep at first, but it gets easier as you go along. It almost levels out later on.

W.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

When I hit that point, I wnet to a good doctor and was honest with him about my use and then followed his directions to the T. I also joined a program of recovery. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for letting me know someone is listening im not trying to sound stupid in any way but how do i see a doctor with no money im not useless but i lost my job. not directly because of my addiction but inderectly. ive lost my drive, and after losing all ive lost still another thing goes. tell me the truth am i just being a cry baby. i know my pain is real my struggle is real but if i truly want to change shouldnt overcoming this be easier? i feel pathetic .
Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wanting to change does not mean overcoming it will be easy. For most of us, it's an ongoing struggle, but it's worth it. If you feel like youve hit rock bottom, the only way you can go now is up. You arent hopeless...you just have to dedicate yourself to improvement, no matter how tough it is! Don't give up on yourself. Theres plenty of people on this site that will understand your struggle. I joined a couple weeks ago and it has been helping me a lot.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Hell no you're not being a cry baby. Recovery is hard and painfull. It sounds like your in or headed for withdrawl which I know is rough for booze and I've heard is rougher for dope but mercifully shorter. I've also heard withdrawl from dope won't kill you but is brutal, you probably know better than me. If its an opiate, like heroin, a methode treatment clinic may help.

While everyone is welcome in all these forums, you'll proably find more people familiar with you situation here:

Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Hopeless

I'm not sure exactly where you are, but there are a lot of free or low cost clinics around the US- if there's one in your local area, you might get some medical advice there?

2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10816 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
We also have a substance abuse forum as well you might like to check out:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

The thing is there's lots of people here who've kicked meth and other drugs.

It is possible

Look around, read and post as much as you like...SR's saved my butt more than once.

glad to have you here

D