Notices

Hey new here

Old 10-15-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey new here

Hey, I'm 31 years old been drinking on and off and pretty heavy for about 12 years I wanna say and I'm hitting rock bottom and these past 4 days been binge drinking heavy duty with friends I tried stopping many time for weeks at a time but I go back into it, this is the first time I writing something like this, it's getting pretty serious I have the worst withdrawls but took a few anti anxity pills that my mom gave me, I going to go see my doctor but I don't think she wants to give them to me, what do I do what other medication can I take to stop drinking and not fall back into this hell, I know I won't be sleeping much, I do have ambian but the stuff makes me crazy and I have tried melatonan which give me crazy night mares, I need help I did move back to San Francisco after living in Los Angeles for 7 years, I did drink all the time there but it got pretty bad, San Francisco is so depressing for me (weather is A lot) and to move back again and start over right now is going to be a pain
Old 10-15-2012, 02:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, LAgirl81.

If you having withdrawal symptoms then I would suggest seeing a Dr as soon as you can. Be honest with them and I'm sure they'll do everything they can to help you. It will be difficult over the next few days and weeks but give it time and you will feel SO much better.

Why don't you start your own thread - you'll get lots of support.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I moved your post to its own thread LAgirl - welcome

I agree with Mrs King

we can't give you medical advice here - it's best you see your Dr, be honest, and see what they suggest for your specific circumstances

D
Old 10-15-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

I would see that doctor ASAP and be completely honest with them. I'd tell them everything you have taken, etc. Then I'd let the doctor decide what you should and should not be taking and follow the doctors advice to the T.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm new here and not sure how to start my own post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR LAgirl

I hope your doctor is able to help you with withdrawals. You might want to look into some recovery literature too to see if you can find something out there to help you stayed stopped, like AA, avrt, SMART etc... you'll pretty much come across most of it on this site x