Notices

can't live with it, fear of life without it.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

can't live with it, fear of life without it.

Hello,

Very new to forums. I am so lost. I have been clean and sober once before for several years and remember how free I felt without my pain meds. Life was awesome when I turned everything over and lived a life of recovery.

Now, after going back out after being prescribed them for Kidney stones and abusing them for months, I can't seem to bring to the forfront of my mind what is on the other end of the short term pain(withdrawl) if I stop. I am using a dangerous amount again. Its like I never stopped. I am scared I won't be able to get through the sickness/withdrawl this time. I cannot even stop for a day. I try my hardest and pray and every morning I wake up and swear off forever only to be using a few hours later. Powerless, yes. Belief in a God, absultely. But why can't I just stop for one day? Why do I give in? I cannot continue to live this way as it is not enjoyable and I fear what it will be like without them this time. I can't go on. What do I do?

Please god help me. Please! I don't want to die yet.

scott
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep in mind, quitting cold turkey can be dangerous. But try and gradually take less every day. You've gotta fight the temptation!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

I know alcohol withdrawl can kill you but I don't know much about opiates which is probably what you're taking. What I've heard is withdrawl from opiates, while very unpleasant, can not be kill you. But again, I'm no expert. You'll very likely find more help here:

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Good luck and best wishes!