Notices

Yardwork is so much funner...

Old 10-13-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yardwork is so much funner...

with a case of beer on ice... I know there's many different triggers (or excuses) for people, but working in the yard used to be/is one of my biggest. Always easy to get in the yard, by myself, and both work and drink my azz off on a Saturday... Wife not really paying attention to how much I'm drinking, all she knows is that I'm working! No wonder why I have one of the best looking yards in the neighborhood! :rotfxko

So here I am now, girls morning soccer games over, and I am alone at the house... With pressure cleaning to do (we just got a new roof and I have to pressure clean the fascia boards before I paint them)... Pretty sure this will be my first Saturday/workday outside at this house without beer to drink... Actually, I'm certain of it!

Oh well... Here's to new firsts! I made sure I stocked up on gatoraid. It's still hot as hell down here in S FL... Albeit, good and windy today, which should help...
Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I used to work to drink. Good ecususe. When I stopped drinking the plce went to hell
Old 10-13-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hexipuff

Interesting observation FMG

I understand your point of view but I actually see things the other way round.

Chores and stuff are so much better now I am sober. I get things done quickly and effiently and actually take pleasure in what I do. I have more time to do fun things or relax.
I used to rush through everything in the day with a stinking hangover so I could drink myself stupid once I had done on the pretense of how busy I had been.
Thank god those days are over and now things are done at my pace, with pride
Old 10-13-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I use to regret drunk pruning just about as much as drunk dialing...lol
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You might be surprised at how good you'll feel while doing this work without drinking. the gatorade is going to be soooooo nice. Have fun.
I do understand what you are saying. You have made a great decision in your life. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hexipuff View Post
I get things done quickly and effiently and actually take pleasure in what I do.
I guess there is definitely some merit to that... I finished the pressure cleaning much quicker than I anticipated. Pounding beers takes time! Being sober sure made my time up on the ladder a lot less nerve racking too. I tied a good one on last year hanging Christmas lights. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself! lol

Looking for some more things to do... I guess I'll mow the lawn, even though it doesn't really need it...
Old 10-13-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

My yard needs mowing, come on over!
Also, the deck needs a power wash.