Notices

New, second time around

Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New, second time around

I new..again! Joined a few years back and didn't make much use of the support offered. I wasn't ready to commit to recovery then, but I am now.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember you
Welcome back brighteyes

D
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Welcome back!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Im glad that you have rejoined us.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

WB!
When you are ready let us know what you plan to do differently this time. It sounds like you are as determined as I was when I came here to stay sober after detox. It is your time, and your dime, make the best use of it you can!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back... I'm glad you're ready to commit this time - being sober has changed my life so much for the better and it can yours, too.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back to the family!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Its great that you are back and now have a firmer resolve- good work
Old 10-13-2012, 03:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Not my first time around either Brighteyes. Here yes, recovery no.

Not my second, or third, ...

I certianly wish now I had made it before. I hope I make it now. Some of us are just stubborn as mules I guess.

Don't be a mule like me. Stick with it! I don't think I need to tell you, things will only get worse, waaay worse, if you don't.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep coming back.

Zube
Old 10-13-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

P.S. Our alcoholism is something we CAN change. The only question is: WILL we?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm on day two and still clean and sober. The difference for me this time around is my will to live. I have been hospitalized due to overdoses twice in the last year and the last time I almost didn't survive. The amount of drugs and alcohol I have put into my system is insane and I just can't do it anymore. I am 23 years old and if I keep it up I doubt I'd make it to 24. I just got out of detox, was 7 days clean and then slipped. I am 2 days clean and sober and am grateful.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 days...You say you are ready to commit to sobriety this time...What is your plan for recovery?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My plan, well, just taking it day by day and actually using the support and hell available to me. This site, counselling and maybe even meetings if I can work up the nerve to go. The thing I'm most afraid of is figuring out how to have fun sober, I know other people do it but I have no idea how they manage. The sad thing is that at this point my drug and alcohol abuse is not fun either.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brighteyes88 View Post
My plan, well, just taking it day by day and actually using the support and hell available to me. This site, counselling and maybe even meetings if I can work up the nerve to go. The thing I'm most afraid of is figuring out how to have fun sober, I know other people do it but I have no idea how they manage. The sad thing is that at this point my drug and alcohol abuse is not fun either.
I know that well...I had a hard time figuring out how I'd live without alcohol...Let alone having fun without it. I'd really hope you could get by the initial fear of going to a meeting...For me just meeting people that were living without alcohol was a huge source of hope for me....And I ended up meeting some great friends....The fear is pretty normal for the first one....But you only have one first meeting...They're awesome...Here is a site you can check out...It talks about it and gives a good overview of what to expect. SR is also great for online support....For myself...I needed the real thing....And a program I could follow....What can I say?...It works.

Your First AA Meeting<
Old 10-14-2012, 12:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Annnnnd I'm back to day one. The difference is, I came back to this forum. I'm not giving up I'm becoming more determined. I'm sick of being controlled by this. I don't even want to use but keep telling myself I need "closure". I've always been a strong person and an so ashamed of being so weak. However, I want sobriety, and will not let this beat me. I do not want to be buried at 23 years old. I'm sorry guys, even with your support I slipped and I want you, totally strangers to be proud. I want to be in a position to help others and that is what will help me beat this.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

do you know what caused your slip and what you're going to do differently? always be ready to adjust your plan. remember, doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get different results isn't going to work!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Every day you stay sober you help others who are struggling too. Just by being here and setting an example, in spite of life's tough times, you inspire others to stick with it as you are.

Today is a new day, and you've already helped me and others, so keep up the good work, stay honest and start fresh today.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

welcome back ~