Notices

Bad Fri"high"day

Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad Fri"high"day

Posting on forums instead of buying more (I hope). I posted on here a few days ago under a thread called "Can't Quit!" (I haven't posted enough to link it) With the encouraging responses I received, and reading another thread about Marijuana addiction "Marijuana anyone?" I felt compelled to stop all together yesterday. Today is not going so well. I can't stand being out and not having any to go home to after work. Same crap I read everyone else dealt with. Fridays were always what I called Fri"high"day and didn't matter how much I smoked. The weekend seems like it will even be more difficult cause I don't have work to keep my mind occupied. Although today it's occupied with the thought of not having any pot. Doing my best to keep busy and my mind occupied, but it's so hard not to just go to my friends house and get more. It's always been difficult for me find a reason to stop other than the money. Hell I even have a medical marijuana card. Which is kind of a joke. I don't see pot as a problem or causing me any issues, but I haven't been without it long enough to know what normal may feel like. One day soon maybe. Thanks for listening you all.

Will do my best not to let the WANT win.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Stay away from your pot-smoking buddies; they were always my gateway back to getting high. Avoid events you associate with getting high. I found that tough since I was high all the time so every event was associated with being stoned.

Once I quit I realized that the decade I spent smoking pot was a great big hole into which I threw my entire 20s.

Just wish I had quit drinking too!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's my damn problem, smoke every day all the time, so everything is connected to me getting high as well. My only time away was work, and even then, that wasn't always the case. I'm a complete functional pot smoker, and was a big part of what I did on a daily basis, making it that much harder as you pointed out.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

The first Friday after I quit drinking was the hardest for me, too. Just the idea of it being the weekend (imagining every but me having a good time) made me feel alone and restless. I didn't know if I'd make it, but I did, and it made the following days and weekend that much easier.

I did a lot of reading here and got carryout from a favorite restaurant (that was my "treat"). I also researched things online: alcoholism, addiction, dealing with emotions, quieting the mind, stuff like that....

It made it a little easier to think about learning to be the best "me," and the challenge of getting free from addiction and finding solutions (rather than thinking about what I couldn't have).
Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Staying stopped is an amazing journey! I was functional, too. Today, I am so much more functional than ever! I was fooling myself for a long time....

You can do this! Change some little things in your life so you don't feel as if you are missing out on things. Your world will enlarge, your ideas will still expand, your life will improve (at least mine has!). And your pocket will be full...

It's not always easy, but you can do this. If you are functional now, you'll be so much better without the high (and productive, too). It's a journey that is worth it. YOU are worth it!

I wish you well!!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is my first Friday too, except my drug of choice is alcohol. Here is to a sober Friday, and feeling good on Saturday!!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)