Notices

Young Sober

Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Young Sober

Hi,
Read some really useful posts on here about feeling like you are missing out when getting sober at a young age. Just wondering on feelings that you are too young to have possibly hit rock bottom?
x
Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Somebody once told me your bottom is when you stop digging....Do you feel like you're tired of digging?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If I am really honest about my history with alcohol I hit bottom when I was 17. I started drinking aged 12 and it was pretty normal up until when I was 17 and started to drink a lot of vodka and did a lot of stupid things. This was when I really knew I had a problem, even though there were signs before that. What I did afterwards was manage my drinking so I didn't have to give up... until I had to. I really wish I hadn't drank through my 20's. I lost a lot of self respect and learning experiences to hiding myself away to drink. Really I should have seen the warning signs when I was stealing beer at 12... It's never too early.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had several moments where I felt like I hit rock bottom, but it was just my extreme hangover making me feel even worse about how I ****** things up in various parts of my life. After working to improve myself, I was able to resolve my issues.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I started drinking and drugging at 12. Arrests, kicked out of 3 schools, institutions, and an overdose to boot. At 17 I had enough. No more arrest, no more institutions, no overdoses, got a GED, the a college degree.

I wouldn't of made it without the 12 steps and fellowships of AA and NA. I've seen to many young alcoholics and addicts not live long enough to become old alcoholics and addicts.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The only thing you miss out on getting sober at a young age is a bunch of pain and suffering and crap you can't and wouldn't want to imagine. Don't look a horse in its grill!