Notices

Wow

Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Wow

I have had a really bad year with being drunk and high all the time. Even in the midst of trying to get better.

I missed 8 days of work saying I was sick and had many more where I just sat here because I could not function.

I just got my yearly review.

I was rated as exceeds... The highest level. Getting a bigger raise than the average for that rating.

AND got a promotion to a senior. Again a raise.

What the hell????

There is never a reward for being a drunk but sometimes we get to hold on my our finger tips.

There is nothing about this that is lost on me and I feel like I have a second chance.

I am grateful and humble for not losing yet something else.

K
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you Ken. I dread reviews sooooo much.
It sounds like you are on the right track. Getting a second chance is amazing. Keep up the good work friend!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, that's awesome! I've left jobs over worrying about my sick time being used against me instead of sticking it out and bucking up. I've left jobs where I was told how great I did, because I was so often "sick" and I just didn't want to get fired so I left, even though there was never a real risk that I'd be fired.

You have a second chance. You have been doing something right. Just think how great you will do if you stay sober! Congrats!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! Imagine how good you can be at your job without drinking/getting high.

Keep moving forward and take this second chance with both hands and don't let go!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am happy for you, grateful that you have your job and are working on sobriety
Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Congrats Ken, that's great news! It must feel good to know that your efforts while not drinking paid off big time.

I found I worked harder when I was drinking to make up for the guilt of drinking. Now I'm completely lazy lol
Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I got to read my review first at my desk. I had tears in my eyes because I know what I have done and the guilt is a lot. But to have my boss describe me in ways I don't look at myself made me feel fortunate.

Feeling deserving of anything is a challenge for me. But I will accept that for now and keep focus on the most important thing In my life. My sobriety. #1 without that I have nothing.

K
Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ken..Awesome...Imagine how much better you will be during the next year sober!

Jim
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Weasel ~ Dang, that happened to me, too! I got a promotion AND a raise mid-year and I was totally dumbfounded. Especially because I was coming into work hungover every day.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello from brand new alcohol free me :)

Day 1. I can do this.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm glad for you K,

After my first 6 month sober i got marked "average" in my PDR ... It sucks being better at my job hungover or half cut than sober but if thats the price of sobriety i'll pay willingly

Bestwishes, M
Old 10-10-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Ken, you have powers, abilities and talents that you are not aware of yet. Your belief in self and your struggles in that direction are not obviously not invisible, and are deserving of recognition. Onward!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great post. I think these are the rewards that aren't truly celebrated cause our personal lives our a mess. Whats the point of making more money if we spend it on booze and struggle with the time we are off the clock? I went through the same thing. Focused hard on work cause everything was in disarray. However, how is the quality of our lives ? For me crap. The last 3 days not drinking I have woke up not hungover and that is a clear reminder of what I want every morning. Tired of wastign time.

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I have had a really bad year with being drunk and high all the time. Even in the midst of trying to get better.

I missed 8 days of work saying I was sick and had many more where I just sat here because I could not function.

I just got my yearly review.

I was rated as exceeds... The highest level. Getting a bigger raise than the average for that rating.

AND got a promotion to a senior. Again a raise.

What the hell????

There is never a reward for being a drunk but sometimes we get to hold on my our finger tips.

There is nothing about this that is lost on me and I feel like I have a second chance.

I am grateful and humble for not losing yet something else.

K
Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

congratulations. Sometimes I feel I am my worst critique and never happy, even if I did more than anybody else. It astounds me a lot of time what people really think about my work ethic and what I think. Keep it up!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's so ace Ken Well done! I got a pay rise not long after I quit too. It makes me wonder what we're capable of sober! x