Notices

reaching orgasm is more difficult right now

Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

reaching orgasm is more difficult right now

To all the ladies or men in fact out there who are new to sobriety....

Does anyone find it more difficult to reach orgasm since they have given up drinking. I am 9 days sober and things are off. I keep thinking well maybe my blood is thicker so it doesnt travel to that region as well lol. But seriously I don't feel like it is mental at all...as my mind is in the right spot during. Any advice or similar stories anyone is willing to share would help me greatly. Thanks a ton...I know its personal but who else can I ask but you guys. hugs
Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I find that I really don't have the drive that I used to, I just don't really care any more like I used to. I know that if I got high it would be a different story completely, but that's not going to happen. I kind of hoped that things would just sort of go back to normal, but it's been nine weeks and I don't feel all that much different.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Right before i got things under control, i hadnt had sex for about 8 months. I found that i really didnt care at all. Now everything is different. All i can say is that i enjoy being with my wife now more than ever because we have been through hell and back together. I wouldnt worry about it. Your body is going through so much right now. Hey, practice makes perfect right? Ha!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your experiences I appreciate it very much...hope it gets better for you hugs
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not only that, but I also get very anxious once we get things going! I feel on the verge of a panic attack. It sucks! I've NEVER had this happen before.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing bjames..I appreciate the experience of others. I am in the mood but just can't seem to "get there" if you will. It is most frustrating and hope this will pass. I hope your situation improves afterall this a a healthy high we all deserve.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not Alone

One word answer: yes. Its all psychological. I think my doc played a big part in the troubles I have now.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

All sorts of things need to be recalibrated when that depressant alcohol is removed, and physical sexual response is one of them, no surprise there. For me and The Resident Love Goddess, our sexy times are much more intimate and satisfying now because I am fully present and she knows this too but it took some time, months, I would say. Be patient in knowing that you are doing the right thing for your body and mind by getting and staying sober. All good things come to those who wait.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well not in a relationship now now so I only have to take care of myself
Old 10-10-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

My sex drive had completely vanished prior to quitting. I keep hoping quitting is going to bring it back, but so far, notsomuch. I think it's stress and hormone related but my doctor was no help at all. Frustrating. Literally lol