Notices

Deep breaths

Old 10-09-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Deep breaths

So now what do i do? Im try to get stuff done,discovered i am missing 140.00 from my purse that i had to get in the bank to pay to get my car out of the shop. My husband says he doesnt know anything. So here i go again, im just crazy. Did i misplace it or loose it, i cant remember every detail even sober. I spend the whole day just spinning my wheels. Its like something always has to go wrong. Well i guess you could say this is a trigger,lol.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's horrible when things like that go wrong in early recovery. I tried my best to sit here all sober and zenlike while my bathroom flooded from faulty plumbing, knowing full well I couldn't afford to fix it. I hope you find the money, but don't drink over it if you don't x
Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Somedays I don't even have the money to get to work, stuff always gets sorted when I pray about it.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Some people report wooly thinking early in recovery. I experienced it while I was drinking. Deep breathing is a good idea, maybe you put the money somewhere else. Sometimes when you stop trying to figure out where something is you find it.

CaiHong
Old 10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post
Some people report wooly thinking

CaiHong
I found that stage so frustrating. Thankfully it does pass. Hope you find the money but in the meantime stay strong and sober.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I moved your thread here from Daily Support not sleeping.
I'm sorry - I hate losing money too, but it happens.

I hope you find it.

D
Old 10-09-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, it's a bad feeling to know you've lost money, but don't know what happened. I'm glad you're getting through this without drinking.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks bet havent found it yet. I just feel so frustrated. Have you ever hidden something an.d didnt know it then cant find it the next day...i wonder if thats what happened or if im being taken advantage of? Im so exhausted from this day... Thanks.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Zee

Hi there... When I was drinking... I was the queen of forgetting stuff! The night before I went to sleep (passed out) I used to have to write things down in a notebook, because I would have no recallection of what I did... nothing!... It took a few weeks, but I remember EVERYTHING now!!! People quite possibly took advantage of my bad memory, not any more... ha ha ha ha!!! But saying that... I still trip over thin air! I never lost that trait! The best thing to do is not get stressed about it... keep repeating the word money money money... it may pop into your head when you least expect it!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thx you r funny.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I have been sober a few 24hrs now, and I still can walk out to parts of the house. And just have to turn around cause I have no clue why I went..

I just laugh and continue. Because I know longer have to wonder where the hell the car is, or why do I have one shoe.. LOL...

I do hope you found your cash by now thou..