Notices

Day 5!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5!

Hello, all! Well, finished my 5th sober day and first sober weekend in 15 years! First, the odd- I don't miss it. No cravings. No DTs. No withdrawals. The servers did wine classes today at work; reps from the wine company came in and did wine education and sampled the staff on all the wine. Most of them got pretty looped and then worked all nite. You'd think I'd be drooling over all the wines but instead I just laughed at all the people trying really hard to seem sober!

Yesterday I addressed the one issue I'm having- getting to sleep. I got a couple brands of Melatonin. Zoiks! I assumed it was pretty weak being "all natural" so I took 20 mg! :rotfxko Well, it's not narcotic but amping your Melatonin level up like that knocks your butt out! It mostly relaxes you to the Nth degree. Tonite I'll try 5 mg!

Right now I feel like I'm "getting away with something!" Is this too good to be true? The first three days are supposed to be the hardest but I feel great! In case you're tempted to say that I "must not be that bad", consider that I can't recall the last time I didn't drain at least 2 bottles of wine and on a real bender I could drink a whole box (ie 4 bottles)!

Can it be that Bullets for my Beast provides very powerful ammunition against my demon? I tell myself about six times per day that I'm never going to drink again and I'll never change my mind. Standard disclaimers, it's only been 5-6 days, etc. but this has been a profound change in my behavior. Not only to I have the power to say NO, I don't even want to drink.

Strange! But hey, I ain't complaining!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im on day 9. I've always had insomnia, way before the drinking. But my first days of sobriety i had problems falling asleep. When I did fall asleep, I had the craziest nightmares ever. My sleep seems to be getting better with each day though
Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Congrats on your days

I have been in the fine dinning world for over 20 years from San Fran to Cleveland. I had to leave it when I was getting sober. Just to much availilty for me.. So I am glad you could be around work and behave..

Yesterday I addressed the one issue I'm having- getting to sleep. I got a couple brands of Melatonin. Zoiks! I assumed it was pretty weak being "all natural" so I took 20 mg! Well, it's not narcotic but amping your Melatonin level up like that knocks your butt out! It mostly relaxes you to the Nth degree. Tonite I'll try 5 mg!
I did the same thing. Its that good ol alcoholic mind at work.. If I see a medicine bottle says dont drink with alcohol it may intensify the effect. Well then if one is what is prescribed then 3 is better.. :rotfxko
Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your day count. That's wonderful

You made me chuckle with the melatonin. I hope you slept a lot!

And it doesn't have to be hard. Enjoy the good feelings. I heard in an AA meeting once, a woman whose life was going so well and she was worried about it. A guy told her, stop worrying for the other shoe will drop, because it will. So just stay in the day.