Notices

This craving wasn't because of routine or habit.....

Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This craving wasn't because of routine or habit.....

My husband is taking my son out hunting for the first time, son is going to just hang with him, not attempt to shoot anything. Anyways, 4 am I'm awake, because my guys are not a quiet as mice, and I sit in my chair, get on sr, and have a huge craving for a drink. What the heck? I prayed myself through it, remembering that dear daughter and I are going to a festival the next town over in the morning and duh, if I drank I certainly would be of no good use. I don't understand it, it came out of no where. I'm ok now, but it scared me.

I also had a dream that woke me up, scared and almost shaking. My uncles gf was brutally murdered about 3 miles from where I grew up and my aunt (married to my other uncle) was there to witness it. I was supposed to be with them. I woke up freaking out!!!!!!! I saw myself on the phone with my uncle, who said something about the 4th step, and that although he was terribly upset, this wasn't his fault and we would get past this. Omg, it was so real. The images, the surroundings, everything. I was really shaken by it, but glad to awaken, safe sound and sober in my own bed.

On that note, I'm heading back to bed now, to dream of hearts and flowers! Lol
Old 10-07-2012, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes cravings just happen Chard - there not always a logic behind them.
Sleep well.

D
Old 10-07-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Like Dee said sometimes there is no logic to them.

For me they really can pop out of complete thin air...And I can relate to the vivid dreams. I always have had active dream and remember them, but boy o' boy being sober with them is more powerful...

Relax , go back to sleep and I hope this time you have a real good nice peacful dream...

And get up and enjoy the day with your daugher...

You are just doing so fantastic..
Old 10-07-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Cravings do happen at the most sporadic moments. I had one yesterday, directly after an NA meeting. Like you I prayed my way through it and removed myself from any situations or triggers.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lol, I forgot to mention that maybe the dream was due to the fried chicken and French fries, right before bed (ughhh, can u say rotgut?) or the melatonin? At any rate, I know it wasn't alcohol withdrawal. Thank you inde, nat, and dee. Rest well night night, again!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Chard-I can surely relate. My husband is an avid hunter (raised in Montana), Me... a city girl (born & raised in Maryland). We met here in Kansas and this is where We put down our roots.

He was and still is an avid hunter. I knew nothing about it... the guns, rifles he had, scared me to death. When our son was between 2-3 yrs old he took him hunting with him for the first time. I paced the floors til they got home. As it turned out...from that moment on our boy was addicted to the hunt. How I remember the anxiousness.!!

Our son is now 35, has a family, (2 daughters) and this year the oldest girl will be hunting for her 1st deer, she is 10. My husband (Pa-Pa) will be taking her out this year
during "doe season". I think I will always feel the "angst", especially when it involves children...but the "bonding" it creates is so worth it. btw- I love to shoot at targets, but, never got the "thrill of the kill."

About nightmares, like you, mine can be so vivid and real, they wake me up in a panic too. So glad you came here to share...

You are doing great! Hang in there!

xoxox
Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i was so sleep deprived for so long, once i started to experience true restful sleep, i had a lot of wierd strange dreams too....

your brain will balance out soon, the cravings only last a certain amount of time (i think Anna told me 7 mins....i once timed it with the microwave and she's correct, lol)

glad you are feeling better and not drinking.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

When I got cravings I would just remind myself that an alcoholic craving a drink wasn't much to be awed or panicked about. It's what happens when we quit drinking :rotfxko

Just Breeeaaaathe