Notices

So upset

Old 10-06-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So upset

Dog got out of garage, he ran up in neighbors yard, attacked my neighbors cat, well the cat is big and my dog 18lbs. They wrasled on ground pretty intense. Cat ran up tree. Another neighbor got ladder to get cat down, cat owner noticed a big gash on cat and said shes taking cat to vet.

Its a weekend and its evening! I'm probably going to have to pay a huge bill and I feel so sad, mad at our dog, angry at the world and broke!

My other neighbor said "ahhh just have a glass of wine, it will take your mind off it"

THat triggered me majorly-----its like---I forgot that was an option, maybe I should do that to get this bull s out of my head. Im sick and tired about worrying about everything. I cannot calm down. I am so angry. I dont want to deal with this neighbor--I can only imagine the bill.

I want to drink so bad!!!! I called my sponsor, but there is only so much she can do. Please, Im asking for support to talk me off the drinking ledge. I am about to freaking give up.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ask your sponsor how you go about forgiving yourself.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 10-06-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please don't drink! Please don't pick up that drink! You need to say the serenity prayer, over and over if need be. Stick with us. It's a choice that you know you will regret! Please!

And guess what? If u do drink, all the bs from tonight will be on your mind tomorrow, as well as all the regret and remorse from drinking tonight.

Take a step back, play the tape. Take a deep breath or a bath, call a friend. You can get through this.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

whoa, whoa, whoa. lets not start projecting how huge this bill is gonna be before you see it. No reason to drink about something that hasn't even happened. Wait until you see the bill. Then come back on here and we'll talk about if drinking is a fair reaction to how much it will cost ok?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey NewHouse

A drink is not going to help you with your worries or your anxiety...or with any bills.

I know you don't want to deal with this, but sometimes we just have to deal with stuff.

Having to deal with shame regret and a hangover on top of all that tomorrow is not a good call.

It gets easier, I promise

You can get through tonight - stay close
D
Old 10-06-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much guys. Called my support systems and sponsor. Came back down to earth and realized thank gosh it was only a cat dog fight. It's what those animals do!! I can't control this and yes I need to see bill before I over react.
Not drinking.
Wrote serenity prayer down in notebook. Felt better. Must let go of this emotionally and just see what happens. Crazy how this sounds so petty but an hour ago I felt like this was the end all be all to my sobriety.
Cat and dog fight=not even close enough to destroy my sobriety
Thx for all the support
Old 10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sorry I didn't see this earlier NewHouse. I'm so glad you didn't pick up. It never gives us the relief we seek - it's just a temporary fix, and then there's hell to pay. Also, we need a clear head to deal with the drama of life.

My dog got hold of our neighbor's cat when the cat foolishly came inside their fence to say hello. My mastiff loves cats, but the lab thinks they're prey, not sure why. Anyway, before we could do anything he had the poor cat by the neck and was shaking him. We finally broke it up, and miraculously the cat ran off...we were sure we'd never see him again, though. I went looking for him all over but couldn't find him. A week later, who should show up on our doorstep, but the cat...sunning himself, having a bath, not a mark on him.

I remember wanting a drink after that episode - but told myself it wouldn't do a thing but make me disgusted with myself. Glad you made it through!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewHouse2012 View Post
Thanks so much guys. Called my support systems and sponsor. Came back down to earth and realized thank gosh it was only a cat dog fight. It's what those animals do!! I can't control this and yes I need to see bill before I over react.
Not drinking.
Wrote serenity prayer down in notebook. Felt better. Must let go of this emotionally and just see what happens. Crazy how this sounds so petty but an hour ago I felt like this was the end all be all to my sobriety.
Cat and dog fight=not even close enough to destroy my sobriety
Thx for all the support
Beautiful....Living life on life's terms....Not alcohol's terms...Nice job NewHouse2012....You didn't pick up and did the next right thing....The dog/cat thing will work out.