Notices

Three strange days

Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three strange days

This my third sober day! And I don't only mean three in a row, also probably the first three in six months. It's strange that so far I have zero cravings, and zero feelings of anxiety. All I feel so far is relief. Is that bizarre? How can it be after years of drinking 20+ bottles of wine every week that my body isn't rebelling?

The only problem is that I'm not getting as much sleep as I should; last night I slept 2 hours. I'm used to deciding what time I needed to be in bed by and adjusting my consumption accordingly. If it's getting late and I knew I needed to be out I'd toss down a couple sleeping pills. Now I have to rely on getting tired, but I have so much more energy.

Any good, non-drug methods of getting to sleep you folks can recommend? Eventually my body will settle in on the amount it needs but I'm used to being up really late (I generally get off work around midnite).
Old 10-06-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hey Mos,

Stuff like herbal teas and drinks like Ovaltine and Horlicks (not sure if you have them in the states) help you get to sleep nicely. You could also try doing some meditation type sleeping exercises to help you nod off?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! I'm actually a big tea lover so that's a good suggestion. In the end my best bet might be to stay up all day so I'm so tired my body will be in no condition to protest!:rotfxko

Hey, don't get me wrong! This is a good problem to have compared to being a slave to a bottle of wine!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on three days! The start of a wonderful journey.
I slep too much in the beginning, so had the opposite problem. But calming tea sounds good, perhaps reading something boring?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

MythOfSisyphus, 3 days sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.