Notices

hi to everybody!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi to everybody!

Hi folks i am new here plus i am pretty lost too, my problem is cocaine and alhohol.
I am too weak to stop it. I would be gratefull if someone shares his her story

What are these faces doing in my message??
Old 10-06-2012, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Scooter.

I moved your post here to Newcomers.
You'll find a lot of support - read around there's many many success stories.

Don't worry about the 'smileys' - you don't have to use them, but they can be a good way to convey tone
D
Old 10-06-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks so much

I got to admit, this site is yet confussing to me. I got plenty to share, plus, let me point this out,i dont feel like a loser, just a guy with a bad habbit that has lasted too long
And i long for the confidence others might share with me
Old 10-06-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard

I am a alcoholic, but I loved everything also. A to Z .. Acid to Zanax for 20 years.

Recovery has nothing to do with being weak or strength...

Keep reading and posting, you will find great support here.

I drank to much, to often , for way to long... But AA saved the hopeless drunk from himself..
Old 10-06-2012, 02:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome 333scooter

There are lots of great success stories and inspiration posted here. I hang out mostly in the Newcomers area to read and share. I am still kind of getting my feet under my own issues in a true sense.

I am seeing now in myself what you already know , we are not total losers and write offs , just people with a problem with substances , mine is alcohol. Actually in lots of other things I am actually quite a good, sensible and kind person.

Like Inda I am using AA and full feet in this time but I do SMART Recovery once a week too as that is the frequency of face to face locally. Lots of choices on place to help get support and start a plan for recovery. Some secular options are here Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information .

Seeing and admitting the problem in an honest and true way for me was the starting point. Sounds like you are there. SR has helped me get many clean days before I got serious on my recovery plan and has helped so much now that I am working a plan seriously.

Lots of wise and good folsk here.

Welcome and hope you can find some help here like I have.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hello Scooter,

My drugs of choice were cocaine and alcohol. Battled with them on and off for a five year period. Ended up ingrained in that lifestyle. It wasn't a very nice place to be. It seems ok at the time but ya know it really isn't. That stuff sent me psychotic. I had no mental health problems until I ended up abusing cocaine. Sent me over the edge. I guess my experience is that a cocaine addiction is incredibly progressive. I went from say 1/2g on a Friday to like 10-15g on the Friday and several grams a day during the week. I was forever ill. My immune system was shot.

You will know when you want to give up.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome! No, you're not weak. You and I are just fighting at a distinct disadvantage against substances that have our number. There are lots of stories here that will inspire you. At first I just read and it really encouraged me to take the leap of faith in myself and get sober.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its a big place Scooter but you'll soon work it out...

I don't think anyone here is a loser...we're all trying to better ourselves and rebuild our lives. I think that's pretty courageous

D
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for your words....see i am scared, my brothers pal stroke just few days ago. His brain had double stroke. He only moves a hand and a foot. Plus high fewer. Man, i know things, this dude is going out
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi mate
Cocaine is pretty hip in GB. I partied there but i am old school, no funny pills for me m8
I am shockd GB goes for C . Back then there was no C
Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome scooter, lots of support here. My story is pretty unexiting. I first began drinking in an alcoholic way about 20 years ago, after the sudden death of my boyfriend (not alcohol related). I started to drink to deal with feelings. I then drank daily, with a few exceptions, for the next 20 years. Things got pretty bad in the last five years, and I tried to quit on my own several times with little success. A month ago I quit again, got into AA, and my life has improved by a million percent. And it's only getting better. I had a crappy day today, but it was still better sober than if I had given in to my craving to drink today. the AA meeting I went to really helped. I highly recommend AA or CA or both. Best of luck to you.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

zetix....

Hi friend
I never sleep without zetix. I love that pill cause its my goodnite garanty. But i can easy fool up to 2/3 pills. Its not supposed to be a drug!,, so i am most interested in knowing ur experience. I also thank u for anwer. See, i am the only drox guy i have around. All others i switched off, or spend time, or are just gone

HiQUOTE=IndaMiricale;3611245]Welcome aboard

I am a alcoholic, but I loved everything also. A to Z .. Acid to Zanax for 20 years.

Recovery has nothing to do with being weak or strength...

Keep reading and posting, you will find great support here.

I drank to much, to often , for way to long... But AA saved the hopeless drunk from himself.. [/QUOTE]
Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Sobersunshinde
Adress me Scooter, i am new round here and confused....i wanted to be elvis, but someone
Got that name already. Hey, this is nice, communicating with folks who got a problem as me
Thank u again, we will stay in contact
Old 10-06-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thanks so much to all the poeple

thanks so much to all the poeple who shared a word with me
Drugworld is cold and selfish, this site is a new experience.
I am not into godsearching, i am too analytic for that. But i love
Poeple. Problem is, none of the poeple in my circle is ready for me
Confessing i am an addict.
I have hope now. Wow man....