Notices

Your Best Day Sober So Far

Old 10-05-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Your Best Day Sober So Far

As the title suggests. What is the best day you have had in your recovery so far? What did you do? Who did you do it with? Where did you go?

Mine would be my first Sunday roast back with my family.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Today hopefully

D
Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today is only day 7 but my best day this week had to be last night watching big daddy with my kids before bed. We laughed and I could tell they knew I wasn't "tired" as they call me when I'm drinking.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Every I have woken up and not come to has been great..

Although going and working down at Founder's Day this year was pretty special.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

gosh, i've had so many. one of them had to be the Brewers game i went to with my husband a few weeks back. the thing was, i'd wanted to go to a Brewers game since moving to Milwaukee. i even bought a pack of tickets last year. the problem was, i was always too drunk or hungover to go. even to make plans to go. so i just watched the seasons go by and said "i'll go next season." well, this year i was finally able to catch a Brewers/Braves game (Braves are my favorite team with Brewers my #2). Braves lost and the Brew Crew put on a great show. nothing really spectacular about the game or the night but on the way home, i just broke down crying. i was so happy. i finally made it. i finally made it and i had my sobriety and all the help i'd gotten along the way and myself to thank. another notch in my belt and just a taste of more things to come.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mine was my first day back to running. I only ran about two miles, and I felt like ****, but it was great. It was a beautiful fall day early in the morning. I cried for the majority of my run. I use to run 10 miles a day, and barely made two this time out. But I was so happy I was doing it! I've been so hungover for a year now, I couldn't have ran if I even wanted to.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This past Tuesday was great for me. Hung out with a good friend, who happened to be a big drinking partner. He doesn't peer pressure me, and won't drink around me so I'm not tempted. We sat around listened to music, drove around talked, and played playstation. Minus the driving, it was the things we used to do while we drank. It was nice because I enjoyed sober the things I thought I had to be under the influence to enjoy. Re-discovering emotions that certain music can bring out is awesome, I missed that.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I guess mine was two days ago when I started laughing hysterically for no apparent reason. I'm happy everyday I rediscover my emotions, but the first feeling of joy again was the best. I'm sure better ones are coming.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would say today even though it wasone of my hardest.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

With only one day clean I would have to say today, but I feel committed. I guess I should be thankful that i have felt so terrifyingly bad today. I think that will help me stay committed.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
With only one day clean I would have to say today, but I feel committed. I guess I should be thankful that i have felt so terrifyingly bad today. I think that will help me stay committed.
Missy7 - one day behind you! Way to go. It will get easier. I'm only on day three and feel much better. Best of luck to you.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

@ gottawonder,

was going to say the same- this morning i was having breakfast with a friend and he said something that made me laugh, all of a sudden i was like 'wow i'm laughing' its probably the first time ive laughed in a LONG time without being half drunk, all my problems felt like they were a miles away, i had to make an excuse to go to the toilet to dry my eyes. But i'm starting to feel a bit more human (after only 8 days)
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Today and yesterday and the day before and the day before that and the day before that day....so on and so forth.

On a serious note: I can say that Today is the only day that I have. Yesterday is gone and I am not sure if tomorrow will come. So, Today is my best day. I worked and then came home to my husband and two kitties (4 months old) we all sat on the couch together. We talked and the kitties played. It was wholesome. I enjoy those moments. I am grateful and truly feel blessed.
Thanks for asking. Great thread.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm with mycoolfitz, today was my hardest day so far (apart from the first few days of withdrawal), and was on its way to being my worst day so far, but I didn't drink, called my best friend instead and had a really great talk, and now I'm going to bed sober, knowing I got thru a rough day without drinking.
Good job MCF!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm still new today is my 8th day sober. I haven't had any amazing days yet but on Tuesday I ran 8 miles. I've never run more then 5 before and couldn't even run a single mile 4 months ago.

It was a lot easier to run that distance without the effects of drinking the night before!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Today.. need to figure out my sobriety date.. black out drunk last sat night, and had two beers on Sunday to try and calm my horrible hangover. So I guess Monday

I went to dinner with.my kids and the love of.my.life.after moving our stuff to storage and our seperate parents house. Nice evening.. but saying goodbye, and no kiss reminded me she is still gone.

Instead of curing.my.pain with a pint, I found this place. #success
Old 10-06-2012, 12:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Mine would have to be a day last July. I had been sober 15 months to that point. I woke up on a small roadtrip in Prescott, AZ with my brother. We went on an awesome 9 mile hike. After returning home I got all cleaned up and my brother, his girl, and I went to a bar for a meetup.com event. The bar experience was different from any bar experience I had ever had. Instead of drinking myself insane and fighting with the bouncers, I talked to people and socialized. It was incredible. I talked with a lot of girls and for the first time in 12 years I got a girls phone number.As we were leaving the bar, I got this explosion of gratitude and my whole drinking career (all the isolation, pity, hangovers, paranoia, anxiety, etc) flashed before my eyes. I couldn't believe that my life was what it was that day. Without any question I was doing things that were impossible while I was still using/drinking. I was finally experiencing and living life. It was a reality that I had only dreamed about for over a decade of getting drunk and high.