Notices

Keep having sexual dreams

Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety Dat 26\10\2012

Keep having sexual dreams

I'm 23 and every night for the past 3 nights I have been having sexual dreams with the most beautiful woman who I have never seen in real life. I'm not complaining I'm really enjoying the dreams I can't wait to get to sleep lol just wondered if its normal or just me? I have been sober for 16 days now and I NEVER had these sort of dreams when I was drinking I always had bad dreams about me getting shot or stabbed. Thanks
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure dreams are very common in early recovery. Probably something to do with our bodies getting used to REM sleep again...not really a sleep expect but I'm quite sure that's normal.

I'm not sleeping enough to dream as of right now but when I actually do sleep I get some pretty crazy dreams
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had these too around the 2 week mark back in July! It was usually old schoolmates that I have on my FB though. Good job I wasn't drinking there could have been some really embarrassing posts flying abut... you'll never guess what we were up to last night?!!

As well as being sober, I also thought it might be my loneliness coming to the fore.

Haven't had any this time, but I did buy a new house last night in my dreams which was nice
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vivid dreams are normal...I know had some pretty vivid dreams...no sexual element in mine, but amazingly realistic nonetheless.

D
Old 10-05-2012, 12:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I got sober I would have realistic nightmares. Was not fun at the time but looking back it was really cool to have. Enjoy it before it goes away.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OMG... my dreams, I'm just ready to stop dreaming!!!
I'm a little past 30 days & these vivid dreams do nothing for me. Last night I dreamed that I woke up to find that my front door was open & the world was in some sort of post apocolyptic whatever, so me and my boyfriend had to take off with just the clothes on our backs (I don't even have a boyfriend)....
Somewhere in there I had a baby and got frustrated when the baby would spit up on my nice clothes....

Yeah, I wake up like I haven't slept. Right now, if I have the day off, I get extra sleep, because I need it. I don't think dreaming sleep is very restorative.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

9 months sober and I must admit I love my dreams now..so real . Yeh beautiful women dreams, so horrible when you wake up from them ones back to reality with an Ena sharples lookalike fully clad in apron and rolling pin looking down at you ffs.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

All good to me.. Kick back and enjoy the ride..